• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    wigl5l6k
    Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
Modicum Mauler

40/70 Benchmark

I think that there were several factors which led to the issues on 91 yesterday.

First, Friday evenings on 91 are much busier than just about any other time (along with Sunday evening) during ski season. Meaning, it wasn't just "berkshire" drivers.

Is been white a while since the roads have had to be treated up here, there wasn't much residual salt on the road at the start of the event.

The roads were not pre-treated.

The temps of the roadway crashed as soon as it started. I was very surprised that it started sticking immediately. Honestly think that the roadway was right around 32 and when it started sticking, it froze.

I notice that there was no activity at the state garage thought of the highway in bernardston at the start of the event. They were caught, for whatever reason, with their pants down.

Well more than half the cars coming through my town up/down Colrain-Shelburne RD (the road to Mt. Snow) on Fridays and Sundays are from CT/NY/NJ.

Meanwhile, nice strong spring sun shining.  Usher in the snowmelt and get me to some lawnthread.

31.0/28

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived