joxey
Modicum Mauler

40/70 Benchmark

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did the EURO look worse?

We should have a good idea after 12z.

Yes...not a lot worse, but we didn't have a lot of wiggle room to begin with. Its went from like a 4-6" situation at 12z to maybe 2-4 last night.

Other guidance didn't really bite, so I think 12z may be it...if we don't see some obvious improvements, then the >4" solutions are probably off the table. I obviously wouldn't discount smaller amounts in the 1-3" range as a stat padder.

Yes...not a lot worse, but we didn't have a lot of wiggle room to begin with. Its went from like a 4-6" situation at 12z to maybe 2-4 last night.

Other guidance didn't really bite, so I think 12z may be it...if we don't see some obvious improvements, then the >4" solutions are probably off the table. I obviously wouldn't discount smaller amounts in the 1-3" range as a stat padder.

Agreed.

Saw the EURO...slightly less robust.

Jesus, the GFS implies that we'd be better served to wait until December.

EURO offers the obligatory day 10 vestige of hope.

Season of potential deconstruction (save southern areas) post Feb 15 continues.

If nothing concrete shows up by the end of the week, I'm headed into "please rip the bandaid off"

mode...

Agreed.

Saw the EURO...slightly less robust.

Jesus, the GFS implies that we'd be better served to wait until December.

EURO offers the obligatory day 10 vestige of hope.

Season of potential deconstruction (save southern areas) post Feb 15 continues.

If nothing concrete shows up by the end of the week, I'm headed into "please rip the bandaid off"

mode...

Yesterdays 12z Euro had a CCB with lots of warning level snows south of the Pike, last nights was definitely less impressive with the max over LI , barely gets you anything

Lol ray couldn't resist bitching about the truncation in this thread.

This one needs to return to the 12z look of yesterday's Euro for advisory stuff. That run would have had some weenie bands into the pike region with even a bit of a commahead in E MA.

Last nights was mostly weak overrunning.

Other than the GGEM was this even a threat to Wilmington Ma USA? all the runs I saw yesterday were pretty far south even the Euro ens were clustered south.

Yesterday's euro looked good for pike and up to ray. South coast would have some ptype issues on that run. But I think that solution is looking less likely. Last nights was less dynamical in general.

Other than the GGEM was this even a threat to Wilmington Ma USA? all the runs I saw yesterday were pretty far south even the Euro ens were clustered south.

I'm not sure what your point is.

A promising period as a whole doesn't look so promising....incredible three week period, though.

Hope you get your 2-4".

Still too early to call it, though...almost.

So again.. Does this offer the same potential as that last one with sneaky fronto band? Looks to me like same kind of system only farther north

No. Fronto Is definitely weaker. If we got a solution like yesterday's euro then a few sneaky bands might be possible but otherwise it is not that impressive.

Archived