joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Modicum Mauler

40/70 Benchmark

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How could I find what the average is for here. Do you have any data on that or maps?

All I have to go by is the okx seasonal snowfall map which hasn't changed since I started looking at it in 2004. I think it only goes up to 2000 or so, might just be a 20 yr avg?

I know I've seen different maps with shoreline climatology but I don't have specific information for North Haven. I was just in general figuring you were around 30 inches possibly a bit more depending on how far inland you are in North Haven, the shoreline averages have to be going up after the epic seasons you guys have been having.

After March 2009-2012, it was not unreasonable to say that. Morch was a Sping month. The last 3, not so much

That's the thing...using 2-3 years worth of data to make that call was hilariously awful.

Kevin was really convinced of it too...he was asked at different GTGs and stuff and he kept saying he wasn't joking, he really believed that March was different now.

Small samples FTL. :lol:

That's the thing...using 2-3 years worth of data to make that call was hilariously awful.

Kevin was really convinced of it too...he was asked at different GTGs and stuff and he kept saying he wasn't joking, he really believed that March was different now.

Small samples FTL. :lol:

lol yea I remember that

I know I've seen different maps with shoreline climatology but I don't have specific information for North Haven. I was just in general figuring you were around 30 inches possibly a bit more depending on how far inland you are in North Haven, the shoreline averages have to be going up after the epic seasons you guys have been having.

The airport used to average 33", but the site stopped taking regular snowfall obs in 1978. But it was 1948-1978 so a decent 30 year sample.

The airport used to average 33", but the site stopped taking regular snowfall obs in 1978. But it was 1948-1978 so a decent 30 year sample.

we certainly been spoiled, if we return to a more normal climo winter next year with temperatures and snowfall there will probably be a lot of weenies complaining, myself included.

2" ain't bad for where you are, so close to the boarder.

This was a solid storm for a good chunk of CT a lot of 6"+ amounts in Fairfield county.

This one looked good for SW CT almost the whole way from 72h inward.

Surprised I have an inch up here...got some decent snow growth. Hopefully a bit more tomorrow morning.

3.5 total here, last burst gave me .25" in about 15 min..up to 91.25" now, so officially an above avg season by about 2".. I'll take it. Winters so much better up here than in Waterbury, avg is like 30" more, per NCDC datasets. Maybe I get lucky and get a few more nickle events to crack 100"

3.5 total here, last burst gave me .25" in about 15 min..up to 91.25" now, so officially an above avg season by about 2".. I'll take it. Winters so much better up here than in Waterbury, avg is like 30" more, per NCDC datasets. Maybe I get lucky and get a few more nickle events to crack 100"

wow you're terrain must have definitely helped you squeeze out a little extra there being that far north, nice.

This one looked good for SW CT almost the whole way from 72h inward.

Surprised I have an inch up here...got some decent snow growth. Hopefully a bit more tomorrow morning.

Even south central did very well, a lot of 4-6" amounts coming in from new haven county. Even with 4"+ and 61+ on the season I'm still in dead last on the snow table. Everywhere N W E of me has more snow :lol:

Good way to end out the season, this could be our last accumulating snow of the season. EPS doesn't think so though.

Even south central did very well, a lot of 4-6" amounts coming in from new haven county. Even with 4"+ and 61+ on the season I'm still in dead last on the snow table. Everywhere N W E of me has more snow :lol:

Good way to end out the season, this could be our last accumulating snow of the season. EPS doesn't think so though.

Wouldn't just put away them shovels yet.

I'd say 30 inches right along the shoreline...but likely a steep gradient. I'd think he may be closer to 40" in North Haven. Get over toward Shelton area and it's probably near 50". That's just based on my memory of the research I did on it when I first moved to the state. 

In any case...2.6" here. I'll take it.

Archived