• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    bmoremdwx
    Newest Member
    bmoremdwx
snowfan

Feb 21-22 Storm Obs Thread

Yeah but look to the SW of that dry spot. We are still gonna get hit with more of something later. I would guess ice of some kind. But I dont care. This has been an amazing storm.

it's been a great storm. I don't care if it switches to sleet--I just don't want a lot of freezing rain. sleet is OK with me and some heavy sleet, a la Feb 07, would be cool.

Man, I'm hoping whenever the change over occurs, it stays sleet for a while. Only 22 here, plain rain would not be good

Been light freezing rain/drizzle here in west end of city of Richmond since about 3. Streets wet but everything else is covered with a pretty good glaze on top of the existing 4-6 inch snow pack. We will probably be solidly above freezing soon

For those unaware, the radarscope app has a radar called correlation coefficient which allows you to track the sleet line. I think it has to do with the density of the precipitation. However it is cool. Here is a screen shot showing the advancing sleet line.post-2262-142455951618.jpeg

Man, I'm hoping whenever the change over occurs, it stays sleet for a while. Only 22 here, plain rain would not be good

Switched rather quickly here.  Was pouring big flakes of snow, then quickly switched to 90% sleet.  20 mins later it looks like we've got quite a bit of rain mixing in...

Remember this from the old thread?!?

Ian

18 Feb 2015

Is this thread supposed to be serious?

I don't think anyone on Wendsday or Thursday expected this to be the biggest event of the season.

I'd have absolutely no issue going out and driving right now.  But if it'd  turn to freezing rain, no thanks.

Laytonsville, MD:  Been pouring snow since 10am.  Average depth = 10.1 "  with drifts to 25" (two of them).  Interesting aspect is the driving wind is from the south reversing the usual dynamics between the neighbor and my houses.  My drifts are building off of the driveway for once.  The roads are lost in upper MoCo.