Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Feb 21-22 Storm Obs Thread

snowfan

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yesterday's storm brought BWI to 19.5" on the year. 30 year average is 20.1". If they get the .6" needed to reach average it will be the first time since 86-87/87-88 that they had consecutive seasons with average snowfall. I know how some think on here and are probably already looking ahead to next year. BWI hasn't had three consecutive seasons of avg snowfall since the mid-60s. 

Looks like DCA is now up to 11.2 on the year. IAD is at 24.3. Would be interested to see how DCA compares this year to areas in NW DC. I suspect those areas are closer to the BWI number than they are DCA. 

Yesterday's storm brought BWI to 19.5" on the year. 30 year average is 20.1". If they get the .6" needed to reach average it will be the first time since 86-87/87-88 that they had consecutive seasons with average snowfall. I know how some think on here and are probably already looking ahead to next year. BWI hasn't had three consecutive seasons of avg snowfall since the mid-60s. 

Looks like DCA is now up to 11.2 on the year. IAD is at 24.3. Would be interested to see how DCA compares this year to areas in NW DC. I suspect those areas are closer to the BWI number than they are DCA. 

I have like 16" in the 'hills' ... Matt/zwyts has like 13" in the downtown area ... DCA was a bit suspect yesterday.

Only spot on my south face lawn exposed now is where I used snow to make a snowman. No doubt the rest will take a beating and likely be gone by the end of this week even with cold temps. Back yard and woods are good to go for some time unless we get rain. There's snow back there from the Saturday squall, monday night and yesterday. I suspect there's a good 6" back there. Maybe a bit more in the woods. 

• 11 months later...

Archived