Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Feb 21-22 Storm Obs Thread

snowfan

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

31.3 degrees and melting well-underway. Very glad I shoveled 3x yesterday.  Last time was just before evening mixing so I have a good base on sidewalk/driveway to walk on of about 1/2" snow topped with sleet.  With melting, it's not too bad to walk on.  No additional shoveling required to get car onto road.  Didn't slip once over the hour I was out shoveling.  Still had to deal with snowplow's ''snow wall'' where driveway meets street.  That was some heavy, wet snow.  The earlier one can shovel today, the easier it may be.

Roadways are super cold. Plows come by, cleared the road, water left on the road refroze in minutes. Tonight's gonna be fun with more arctic air freezing everything into a solid sheet of ice

It's hilarious watching ppl try walking on shopping center parking lots. Theres a lot of black ice today. It gets comical real fast as folks nearly fall down.  I jebwalked effortlessly by directly on the ice, no prob since I am a seasoned pro. It did not go so well for other ppl though. Slush never quite melts completely and it is VERY slippery. I watched a guy nearly fall right on his 8ss! These ppl have no idea how to walk on icy streets lmao!

Clearing the driveway was tough even with a snowblower.  The stuff is water-logged

and very heavy.  Roads in northern MD are near freezing, a degree or so either above or below.

Next few nights will be optimal for creating black ice.

Thats what is so fun about yet ANOTHER arctic front! I love being challenged by black ice during a long, leisurely jebwalk :)

These are the best of times :) We got snowpack, black ice all over the roads, even MORE arctic air on the way, piles of snow are backing up water in streetside gutters and the snow is all nice and waterlogged from ZR last night and shoveling was so incredibly FUN!!! I was diggin snow off of a wide corner this morning and I could not see where it dropped off into a streetside gutter where four inches of meltwater had collected during the ZR. It had a thin coating of snow on top and it was dark out and I did not see it and plopped my foot right down into all that cold slushy water! It looked like snow so I happily stepped in it lol. GREAT TIMES! I LOVE WINTER so much! There is nothing like digging waterlogged snow, it is so rewarding, i was getting in a great workout then I managed to get my left foot soaked in cold slushwater lol.

These are great times. Snow after snow, digging massive amounts of snow, getting soaked from hidden meltwater, plows pushing snow boulders right up onto my driveway and sidewalk, stayin up all night long tracking storms, and just plain enjoying the snowpack! Getting to enjoy and savor the arctic winds! The thrill of watching high winds flinging trash cans down the street! I even snuck out in my backyard at 3am in 14 degree weather in 25 mph winds in a tshirt for a few minutes when everyone was asleep! I HAD to find out what it was like! It was pretty chilly, but FUN!!!!!

Another thing I love to do, is to run and then SLIDE on black ice! I also run and then slide on packed snow! I did that on Monday night during the first storm! I JUST LOVE to slide around on ice-slicked snow! It simply does not matter how old I get, I LOVE ICE with all my heart and I love to slide on it, to the utter SHOCK of concerned onlookers! I even have a sort of Michael Jackson routine that i like to do on slippery ice just for shyts and giggles lmao! You should hear ppl gasp with shock!

This is a memorable winter after all!!!!! :sled:  :snowing:

Just shoveled my side of the neighboorhood's sidewalks ( single path). Those that didn't shovel yesterday during the event have some hellaciously heavy snow and ice to move. Especially those who hadn't totally cleared from last Monday.

When this gets cold tonight there is going to be some significant sheets of ice out and about.

Archived