joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Feb 21-22 Storm Obs Thread

snowfan

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Using correlation coefficient, looks like snow in the far western regions of VA, snow/sleet mix towards MD and sleet in southern MD. I think areas north of I70 will be okay till 9-10pm tonight before a full changeover.

I honestly don't know central VA counties very well, but due sw of D.C. through the reaches of lwx looks like all snow. Can someone confirm?

Using correlation coefficient, looks like snow in the far western regions of VA, snow/sleet mix towards MD and sleet in southern MD. I think areas north of I70 will be okay till 9-10pm tonight before a full changeover.

It looks like sleet if you draw a line from DC towards 5 o'clock across the Potomac River --

perhaps 60 to 70 miles south of DC?  As Matt said, it will transition from SE to NW.

Been out shopping in the new SUV.  Went from Springfield to Fairfax and back between 12:00pm and 3:00pm.  Great rates most of the time.  Roads were deteriorated between 12 and 3.  Plows are keeping up fairly well (FFX Co Pkwy) but smaller cars were stranded.  Counted about 4 or 5 car stuck going either way.

All in all, fun weather to drive in.

Archived