joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Feb 21-22 Storm Obs Thread

snowfan

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

18Z 4 km NAM keeps the good stuff going for most here until almost 03Z this evening.

Nice front end thump.  For most, hopefully this ends with freezing drizzle so the snowpack

hangs on for remainder of this month.

Thanks for the update... that gives us almost 6 more hours. Double digits might be in reach.

Looks like the death band of all death bands headed straight for me, seeing I am half sleet and half snow I'm gonna guess it is all sleet. Cleared board at 4, 7 inches on the money. Lets see how much more sleet I can get.

Thanks for the update. This should bode well up here.

Snowing hard for about 30 minutes, 28.9F, about 0.5" covering roads.  For a while was dropping what looked like Kleenex, see pix, unbelievable.  Tomorrow it will probably be all gone, but this is the best snow we've had here in years, finally some real snow flakes instead of constant pixie dust. I-95 has been the dividing line all day, the heavier stuff finally pressed east.

post-3145-0-28337200-1424552897_thumb.jp

post-3145-0-88794000-1424552909_thumb.jp

wasn't that the one where the de icing wasn't turned on and it crashed in the potomac??

They were not used to flying in wintry weather and tried to use the plane's engine heat in front of them to keep them deiced instead of going back to the terminal.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Air_Florida_Flight_90 

I just measured 3/4" in Davidsonville. Seems like we get some heavy rates for a couple minutes then it dies. Hopefully some of those returns out in Virginia can slide our way and push us over 2" before the sleet/rain move in

Wow. Your pretty far behind me and I'm just up the street. I'm working on 3" now.

Archived