joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Feb 21-22 Storm Obs Thread

snowfan

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not bad. You should get to 6" easily by the end of the storm. I know you've missed out on the best banding thus far, so I hope you get one that rolls through at some point. Very beautiful winter day. Hopefully the kiddo is having fun in the powder :)

She loved it!

radar is really looking good for the dc and close-in burbs crew including south now.  

any update on the sleet line?  looks like we're still in good shape, i guess.  not worried, just curious.  i can't tell from cod.

Via radarscope, edge of liquid is from about a 45 degree trajectory from Richmond to the Chesapeake. No ice in between.

radar is really looking good for the dc and close-in burbs crew including south now.

any update on the sleet line? looks like we're still in good shape, i guess. not worried, just curious. i can't tell from cod.

Looks like it's advancing north from down in VA below the Potomac. Just going by Ptype on radarscope. So that's a very rough estimate.

Are the new HRRR latest runs showing total snowfall for the storm or additional snowfall from that point forward? Because the latest run is showing 6-8 for most of Baltimore, 8-10 to the northeast of the city with some isolated 10-12 and even a dot of 12-18. So if it's additional snowfall....umm....yeah a lot of us are going over a foot and some even more than that.

Are the new HRRR latest runs showing total snowfall for the storm or additional snowfall from that point forward? Because the latest run is showing 6-8 for most of Baltimore, 8-10 to the northeast of the city with some isolated 10-12 and even a dot of 12-18. So if it's additional snowfall....umm....yeah a lot of us are going over a foot and some even more than that.

Additional from when the run is initialized. But those short range models are often crazy.

I believe they are for the time going forward and not total accumulations 

Archived