• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kgottwald
    Newest Member
    kgottwald
snowfan

Feb 21-22 Storm Obs Thread

I'm right by the 270/495 split which has been between the light to the south and the heavier to the north. I've been a solid steady/mod for a couple hours and probably at about 2" by now. Looks like im starting to taste the mega band. I can confirm that fat flakes are indeed falling now.

Disc that dry slot punching from the south southwest, are we doomed? Next heavy batch won't be for another two hours looks like. Guess sleet and freezing rain by then?

Once this band is over I don't have high confidence we will see snow again. Most likely IP/ZR for a crunchy finale.

1:00 Heavy snow 5.8 inches total. Picked up 1.4 inches in the past hour. I just finished my first shoveling of the driveway. The rates dropped off for about ten minutes and I immediately went to a sleet/snow mix. But once the rates increased it went right back to all snow again. At This rate of snowfall I am almost assured to reach the high end of guidance. Just looking at radar I would think 10+ is a lock. The NWS upped my totals to 8-12 FWIW. This snow is much heavier weight wise then the fluff we had earlier in the week. But this is now my biggest storm of the year.

This storm has blown everything else this winter out of the water.  By far, the highlight of my winter.... x10.

Back to pretty heavy snow.  Weird storm how the rates and flake sizes and types keep changing.

Finally got some mod snow and a coating on everything and now the green bands are moving north. This just isn't working out south of 50. Hopefully some death bands come through in a couple hours

Looks like band should weasle it's way to dc soon but also looks like a mini quiet period thereafter. Think its good mini hike time.