• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Super Snow Sunday 2/15-Party Like it's 1717

40/70 Benchmark

Matt and I are trying to figure out where to chase....Lakes or this thing...Portland looks good on the GFS, eh?   EUro misses east though...ugh

I think the next run or two of the Euro get into make-or-break territory.

The general tic of the GFS has been in the direction of this potential actually being tapped a bit more.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you notice, the precip shield is more expansive than the 06z run...even though the 06z run jackpotted BOS...this develops more of a CCB than that run did and swings it northwest a tad. The 06z run was basically a thin band of mod/heavy snow about the width of MA.

I'd like it even more if it developed like 50 miles south, but at this point, not too worried about the exact placement. If it goes north, it goes north...so be it. But the more consolidated look coming in a bit shallower I think gives us the best shot at a warning event.

Yeah it's more consolidated. I just hope it doesn't become more consolidated, but also more defined in the gulf of maine, rather than say south of ACK. Obviously we are 4 days out, but that's a concern I have. Not that I need to worry..lol, but just discussing.

Yeah it's more consolidated. I just hope it doesn't become more consolidated, but also more defined in the gulf of maine, rather than say south of ACK. Obviously we are 4 days out, but that's a concern I have. Not that I need to worry..lol, but just discussing.

There's probably a legit shot that we miss the best of it and it goes into ME...but again, I'd rather take my chances of a consolidated 500mb low going over CT than one that digs ESE off NJ and never establishes any inflow over SNE.

Matt and I are trying to figure out where to chase....Lakes or this thing...Portland looks good on the GFS, eh?   EUro misses east though...ugh

I'd wait for 12Z or even 0Z as this seems to still be trending - let it stabilize over a couple of cycles.  How about a trip to Portland then hop over to the Tug to get the LE which usually kicks in best a day or two after a storm?  Portsmouth NH is also a great little town.  Trajectory off the lakes might be too NW for Tug though?

If you notice, the precip shield is more expansive than the 06z run...even though the 06z run jackpotted BOS...this develops more of a CCB than that run did and swings it northwest a tad. The 06z run was basically a thin band of mod/heavy snow about the width of MA.

I'd like it even more if it developed like 50 miles south, but at this point, not too worried about the exact placement. If it goes north, it goes north...so be it. But the more consolidated look coming in a bit shallower I think gives us the best shot at a warning event.

I agree.  700mb chart suggests QPF could be underdone, which I almost never think is the case.  Gonna be tough the further SW you go... unless you get some mesoscale convergence near the ULL.

More like synoptic king.

Verbatim a mid level low track like that isn't great for southern and especially SW areas of SNE. As Will mentioned though the specifics don't really matter at this time range. 

I am looking at the whole picture too, last thing to worry about is JP areas, like I said peeps looking for super jackpots and mega snow totals this isn't your storm. 

There's probably a legit shot that we miss the best of it and it goes into ME...but again, I'd rather take my chances of a consolidated 500mb low going over CT than one that digs ESE off NJ and never establishes any inflow over SNE.

Yeah that's the thing. You need it to track closer than what is normally optimal. Hopefully the euro is more consolidated.

I am looking at the whole picture too, last thing to worry about is JP areas, like I said peeps looking for super jackpots and mega snow totals this isn't your storm. 

Glad we have you to look at the big picture!

The big picture shows the potential for big cold and some kind of storm on Sunday. Doesn't look like a major event but it could be fun. Not sure why saying a track like the GFS favors northern areas makes me a "QPF queen" but so be it. 

The Euro will more than likely develop that low closer to the benchmark next run.  It probably won't make as much of a jump as the GFS, but it will trend in the right direction.  I think 0Z will give us better details.  The GFS might be too far north with that surface low, but who knows - it's awesome seeing a Low Pressure system in the middle of winter just north of Nantucket with the 850 freezing line 500 miles SE!

I agree.  700mb chart suggests QPF could be underdone, which I almost never think is the case.  Gonna be tough the further SW you go... unless you get some mesoscale convergence near the ULL.

You suggesting this is possible is pretty amazing. Hopefully this is not going to just be wx fantasy for one run and done

Glad we have you to look at the big picture!

The big picture shows the potential for big cold and some kind of storm on Sunday. Doesn't look like a major event but it could be fun. Not sure why saying a track like the GFS favors northern areas makes me a "QPF queen" but so be it.

Lol no no no,that was not directed at you it was more a response to peeps looking at QPF and not the big picture but you are welcome.

Archived