• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Super Snow Sunday 2/15-Party Like it's 1717

40/70 Benchmark

I'd wait for 12Z or even 0Z as this seems to still be trending - let it stabilize over a couple of cycles.  How about a trip to Portland then hop over to the Tug to get the LE which usually kicks in best a day or two after a storm?  Portsmouth NH is also a great little town.  Trajectory off the lakes might be too NW for Tug though?

Tug is not a prime spot over the next 5 days...at least wrt LES....winds will be more 290-300 than 270-285ish....but SYR and points just north and west could be in decent business, but we will have Cap and dry air issues later on Sun.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ukie is a nice look. More concentric and probably rapidly deepening east of ACK. That's what I want to see.

Yeah Ukie is really nice for SNE. Almost a slightly better version of the GGEM...a bit less inverted look...but GGEM def made a step in the right direction too.

With so much snow on the ground, extremely low temperatures, high winds with blowing and drifting and perhaps another dump this weekend will probably be one the most harsh period New England has seen in a long time.  Good timing during a weekend.

Not only a weekend but Presidents weekend none the less. Going to hurt the ski resorts business for sure between frigid temps, people not driving because of snow and windholds on lots of lifts. 

You have mentioned this several times. I know we don't want it all elongated. Does it signal a deeper low?

More concentric is better for the conveyorbelts of the storm to produce a more classic looking precip shield...not a narrower band like na inverted trough setup would produce.

You want good inflow in the mid-levels and have the circulation relatively unimpeded.

You suggesting this is possible is pretty amazing. Hopefully this is not going to just be wx fantasy for one run and done

I kind of think the 12z GFS might be close to the best case scenario in terms of upper level depiction for EMA.  I would generally favor coastal ME up into the Canadian Maritimes in this scenario.  I don't like the angle of approach of the ULL.

You have mentioned this several times. I know we don't want it all elongated. Does it signal a deeper low?

Well I don't mean to obsess. It just means you'll have a better precip shield and more expansive vs something in a narrow sliver. But like Will said, you don't want this too far south because if we indeed have a more narrow precip shield, it's congrats Hudson Canyon.

Not only a weekend but Presidents weekend none the less. Going to hurt the ski resorts business for sure between frigid temps, people not driving because of snow and windholds on lots of lifts.

I'm curious how it plays out. The snow conditions are so good and word is out nationally that the east has the best skiing right now...I think we get crushed regardless. Plus most of this stuff on holidays is paid in full in advance so the money is already captured straight from lodging to pre-purchased tickets.

Well I don't mean to obsess. It just means you'll have a better precip shield and more expansive vs something in a narrow sliver. But like Will said, you don't want this too far south because if we indeed have a more narrow precip shield, it's congrats Hudson Canyon.

Thanks.  How close to the shore are you?

Archived