Newest Member
    joxey
Super Snow Sunday 2/15-Party Like it's 1717

40/70 Benchmark

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

QPF Queens:

>1.00" from ASH-ORH-CT/RI border and eastward....includes all of coastal Maine.

0.75" line is about from roughly Old Lyme-Tolland-Keene, NH-CON-IZG

0.50" line is basically I-91 eastward but bends back NE around LEB up through MWN and Sunday River

Ok...Matt and I are are coordinating and vacillating between your region or the Lakes.  This afternoon's runs put your region back to number 1 for me.   We'd drive up, so reserving a car is no costs and no big deal if the models back down.

Thanks gents.

Sounds like you've got the right idea. I figure that if you're going to drive, get a car locked in so you don't get gouged last minute and then if this completely craps the bed(which I don't think it will), you still have the car to head to the Lakes so as long as you know you want to go somewhere, no sense waiting, it isn't getting any cheaper.

Ok...Matt and I are are coordinating and vacillating between your region or the Lakes.  This afternoon's runs put your region back to number 1 for me.   We'd drive up, so reserving a car is no costs and no big deal if the models back down.

Thanks gents.

Yeah, Randy....head to SNE....we will get nickel and dimed over the weekend....the show will be in the BOS area....maybe next time for the lakes trip!

The faster Thursday gets out of the way, the better. This has been said for awhile now. The downstream ridging across the Atlantic looked a lot better this run as it sped Thursday up a bunch. Hopefully by tomorrow it's going the speed of light so we can get this thing to get captured around ACK/CC at sub 975mb. 

Thanks gents.

You'd be nuts to go to the lakes.  This isn't apparently a great lake effect set up.  Go to Boston, book a hotel.  You can always drive somewhere from there.  You've never been in a major urban area with this much snow on the ground and more to come.  You will have an awesome time.  In Boston you can walk through the common, walk along the waterfront, and go visit Jerry and Zeus for drinks.  Out by Jerry's you can even go for a walk in the woods.  Don't even think, just do it.

You'd be nuts to go to the lakes.  This isn't apparently a great lake effect set up.  Go to Boston, book a hotel.  You can always drive somewhere from there.  You've never been in a major urban area with this much snow on the ground and more to come.  You will have an awesome time.  In Boston you can walk through the common, walk along the waterfront, and go visit Jerry and Zeus for drinks.  Out by Jerry's you can even go for a walk in the woods.  Don't even think, just do it.

Agreed completely. Also try Hotwire/Priceline if hotel prices are obscene as they likely will be considering it's a holiday weekend and one of the biggest college visit weekends of the year(and lord knows we've got a lot of that going on here). 

Yeah I am starting to root for this system more so than the Thursday system.  I could use another refresher towards the snow pack for us, my dad said we can only handle 8" of snow at a time, 30"+ was too much for our first storm of the season.  If this one is even bigger than that one, that is saying something.  The Blizzard of 2015 aka Juno was the second largest storm snowfall wise in Harwich, MA since I was born (25 years).

Yeah, Randy....head to SNE....we will get nickel and dimed over the weekend....the show will be in the BOS area....maybe next time for the lakes trip!

Yeah, If the models keep this up, BOS will likely be IT.

Oh my, jaw dropping stuff off the hook dynamics for the areas absolutely crushed this year. Sorry but i can't hype it enough for what it truly means down on the streets of Hull, Gloucester Weymouth Boston. as depicted mind you but thats societal dilemmas right there. Just look at the temps wind snow combo. Rail on me all you want but that is about as brutal as it ever gets considering what exists currently.

ECMWF 12z forecast track of storm Sunday would dump 1-2 feet of snow on Boston...winds 50-80 mph gusts out of NE, temps 10-20°F

Like i said a couple days ago, id be more than willing to sacrifice thursday for something bigger on sunday...now we see why with these latest trends lol... I'm hoping they continue to build this west more and include a wider area. My 4" glacier pack is getting real old down here.

Yea, we need this to develop 6hrs earlier.

Archived