joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Super Snow Sunday 2/15-Party Like it's 1717

40/70 Benchmark

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How far in advance does the NWS put up watches?  With the wind and cold this storm has I would guess another blizzard watch if things held serve.   Would that be tomorrow PM or on Friday.  With the area already straining would they issue earlier or perhaps later as not to raise more panic than necessary?

How far in advance does the NWS put up watches?  With the wind and cold this storm has I would guess another blizzard watch if things held serve.   Would that be tomorrow PM or on Friday.  With the area already straining would they issue earlier or perhaps later as not to raise more panic than necessary?

48 hours is the norm

GYX issues its discussion at 1:24 without apparently looking too much at the 12Z suite for Sunday. Their long term discussion is the same as the one overnight. Seems BOX did the same.

Long term is only updated twice daily usually with the 4PM and 4AM updates unless something very major happens that requires a change(only ever seen it once or twice in all the years I've been doing this so it's pretty rare...)

Long term is only updated twice daily usually with the 4PM and 4AM updates unless something very major happens that requires a change(only ever seen it once or twice in all the years I've been doing this so it's pretty rare...)

usually they do a mid morning update and then the big update between 2 and 4, later usually when there is a big storm looming.

Not sure what he's seeing(maybe that's his forecast?) but euro is 1.4" QPF for BOS at high ratios. 14-20" verbatim.

He was talking about Ens, he already tweeted out about the op

ECMWF 12z forecast track of storm Sunday would dump 1-2 feet of snow on Boston...winds 50-80 mph gusts out of NE, temps 10-20°F

usually they do a mid morning update and then the big update between 2 and 4, later usually when there is a big storm looming.

Its on there radar

Hazardous Weather Outlook
HAZARDOUS WEATHER OUTLOOKNATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE GRAY ME332 PM EST WED FEB 11 2015MEZ007>009-012>014-018>028-NHZ001>015-122045-NORTHERN OXFORD-NORTHERN FRANKLIN-CENTRAL SOMERSET-SOUTHERN OXFORD-SOUTHERN FRANKLIN-SOUTHERN SOMERSET-INTERIOR YORK-INTERIOR CUMBERLAND-ANDROSCOGGIN-KENNEBEC-INTERIOR WALDO-COASTAL YORK-COASTAL CUMBERLAND-SAGADAHOC-LINCOLN-KNOX-COASTAL WALDO-NORTHERN COOS-SOUTHERN COOS-NORTHERN GRAFTON-NORTHERN CARROLL-SOUTHERN GRAFTON-SOUTHERN CARROLL-SULLIVAN-MERRIMACK-BELKNAP-STRAFFORD-CHESHIRE NH-EASTERN HILLSBOROUGH NH-INTERIOR ROCKINGHAM-COASTAL ROCKINGHAM-WESTERN AND CENTRAL HILLSBOROUGH NH-332 PM EST WED FEB 11 2015THIS HAZARDOUS WEATHER OUTLOOK IS FOR WESTERN MAINE...CENTRAL NEWHAMPSHIRE...NORTHERN NEW HAMPSHIRE...SOUTHEASTERN NEW HAMPSHIRE ANDSOUTHERN NEW HAMPSHIRE..DAY ONE...THIS AFTERNOON AND TONIGHT.HAZARDOUS WEATHER IS NOT EXPECTED AT THIS TIME..DAYS TWO THROUGH SEVEN...THURSDAY THROUGH TUESDAY.AS LOW PRESSURE MOVES UP THE NORTHEAST COAST SATURDAY NIGHT INTOSUNDAY... ANOTHER ROUND OF SNOW IS POSSIBLE. THE HEAVIESTACCUMULATIONS WILL BE TOWARD THE COAST AND IN SOUTHERN NEWHAMPSHIRE..SPOTTER INFORMATION STATEMENT...SPOTTER ACTIVATION IS NOT EXPECTED AT THIS TIME.

Archived