• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Super Snow Sunday 2/15-Party Like it's 1717

40/70 Benchmark

Well I would say you want one that is established. It's also similar to what a CCB is..a conveyor belt of moisture that rides up and up along a sloped thermal surfaces (known as potential temp or theta surfaces). Every storm has one, but this was well defined. 

Anyways, it's a detail not to be weenie'd out on 4 days out...was just noting a very cool thing.

well a good feature for those in the far interior like me.  one more cycle and my flight is booked.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

LOL, 12"/hour rates are hard to come by, but 6"/hour are more attainable.  Hundred mph winds are hard too.  But 75-85mph are not.  With a sub 975mb benchmark tracking storm, a foot and a half would be the least of your worries.

Going to have to bust out the cannon for this one

post-1154-0-42099400-1423683776_thumb.jp

Dude the setup is a blizzard from Nyc north east

You better hope it slows down and captures somewhat. It favors eastern mass (obviously). I think many verify blizz criteria though. That backside gradient means business. CCB would be ferocious over eastern portions. Near ideal mid level tracks. Just the definition of a bomb. Could be ideal scenario for major snow storm really if modeling continues to hammer the idea. 

You better hope it slows down and captures somewhat. It favors eastern mass (obviously). I think many verify blizz criteria though. That backside gradient means business. CCB would be ferocious over eastern portions. Near ideal mid level tracks. Just the definition of a bomb. Could be ideal scenario for major snow storm really if modeling continues to hammer the idea.

It doesn't have to slow down at all. It's fine where it is but it's probably not done trending Sw to get jersey and Nyc in the thick of it

It doesn't have to slow down at all. It's fine where it is but it's probably not done trending Sw to get jersey and Nyc in the thick of it

It sort of favored against Jersey and NYC. I could see it doing well for your hood and maybe Hartford on east. It seems like it's naturally unlikely for it to be as impressive for them as it won't go bonkers until it hits the Atlantic waters. Maybe the real bombing starts over your head as the storm matures and comes together. I could see that...

Archived