joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Super Snow Sunday 2/15-Party Like it's 1717

40/70 Benchmark

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gentlemen, please keep the hyperbole/sarcasm factor down if you can. Some of us have trouble differentiating realistic from fantasy. I am pretty sure a foot an hour is impossible and that 6" an hour is unlikely. If this storm can slam Philadelphia while we are in the brunt of it, it seems pretty amazing. It sounds like a real true to life blizzard is developing.

I observed 12"/hr. ONE TIME back in the early 90's on the Tug....many 7"/hr. stuff, but the foot per hour ob. I'm sure will be my lifetime pinnacle wrt snowfall rates...

Not a met, but based on watching this stuff for 15+ years, I'd wait for Thursday to get out of here before sounding too many alarms here. Credited?

+10 points. Euro is a jaw dropper and reflecting a very heartening trend, but will give another day before getting too invested. Still, verbatim, that is a major major problem in eastern MA. And I'm a bad man saying "Come to daddy" haha

I don't see Cape Cod getting mixing issues with this storm, therefore I think its simply from BOS down to the South Shore and CC and Islands that get the brunt of this storm.  Dry slot might become an issue.  The energy associated with this system is comparable to the Great Blizzard of 2005 in which 8"/75 minutes fell in Taunton MA with its death band.  We recorded 5"/hour with that band when it came through CC at the end of the storm with blizzard conditions.  More energy in this system than the Blizzard of 2005, and closed at H5 over OH Valley.

all jokes aside what will Boston seriously do if we end up with another foot and a half of snow. 

My plan is to hang out inside, slow cook some pork and/or beef, crush some libations and wait for the plows to come.

And if plows don't work, wait for the dump trucks to come to cart it away.

It's clear there's absolutely nowhere left for this snow to go in the tightly laid out greater metro area. Wind should keep this stuff from piling on the roof, and that would be my biggest concern. So, yeah. We just kick back and enjoy.

Archived