Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Super Snow Sunday 2/15-Party Like it's 1717

40/70 Benchmark

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like it tracks right across MA.

As Brian said, we are willing to take our chances with that.  It is about time for a mid level track that says "Congrats Dendrite".  What is it that allowing this to be more shallow, given the recent deep digging?  Is something subtle shifting in the pattern that is going to change storm tracks a bit?

OT but wondering when would snow break out, roughly?  Need to plan travel.

It's a nice look, but it has the look of being a narrow area cashing in instead of a good CCB. At least as verbatim.

I thought the mid-level centers looked better developed...at any rate, not gonan worry about details at this point, but I am liking the more consolidated shortwave.

Obviosuly we don't want to it track too far north, but I'd rather flirt with that than an ugly system that digs ESE and leaves a sliver of heavy snow over the Twin Forks of LI.

I thought the mid-level centers looked better developed...at any rate, not gonan worry about details at this point, but I am liking the more consolidated shortwave.

Obviosuly we don't want to it track too far north, but I'd rather flirt with that than an ugly system that digs ESE and leaves a sliver of heavy snow over the Twin Forks of LI.

Yeah it was a good look on the run, I just mean the setup is one that has a more narrow room for error. 

This. 

Yeah it was a good look on the run, I just mean the setup is one that has a more narrow room for error. 

If you notice, the precip shield is more expansive than the 06z run...even though the 06z run jackpotted BOS...this develops more of a CCB than that run did and swings it northwest a tad. The 06z run was basically a thin band of mod/heavy snow about the width of MA.

I'd like it even more if it developed like 50 miles south, but at this point, not too worried about the exact placement. If it goes north, it goes north...so be it. But the more consolidated look coming in a bit shallower I think gives us the best shot at a warning event.

If you notice, the precip shield is more expansive than the 06z run...even though the 06z run jackpotted BOS...this develops more of a CCB than that run did and swings it northwest a tad. The 06z run was basically a thin band of mod/heavy snow about the width of MA.

I'd like it even more if it developed like 50 miles south, but at this point, not too worried about the exact placement. If it goes north, it goes north...so be it. But the more consolidated look coming in a bit shallower I think gives us the best shot at a warning event.

Matt and I are trying to figure out where to chase....Lakes or this thing...Portland looks good on the GFS, eh?   EUro misses east though...ugh

More like synoptic king.

Verbatim a mid level low track like that isn't great for southern and especially SW areas of SNE. As Will mentioned though the specifics don't really matter at this time range. 

Guess some people think I'm stupid around here.  That's all all pointed out.  Good solution, not GREAT solution.

Archived