Newest Member
    joxey
Mid FEB through March Threats/Snow Storms

mitchnick

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Monster coastal on 240 euro but offshore

Euro has 4 chances for snow. Wed-Sat-Tue-Thurs. Wed obviously being a light event but most likely to happen. 

GFS like the weekend as well. We aren't done after tomorrow. Take a look at the 10 day euro snow map. There's  a peculiar snow hole that isn't here but somewhere else. 

Euro has 4 chances for snow. Wed-Sat-Tue-Thurs. Wed obviously being a light event but most likely to happen. 

GFS like the weekend as well. We aren't done after tomorrow. Take a look at the 10 day euro snow map. There's  a peculiar snow hole that isn't here but somewhere else. 

The NAM gives Howard county another inch on Wednesday,  I'd say that's overdone except they got hammered with the last arctic front/vort. 

Some weird stuff happening on the 18z GFS next weekend/early week; seems like an extended frontal boundary stalls f the region with various pulses giving us snow, sleet, or rain, depending on the advance or retreat of the front, and time of day.  Does today's lesson (multiple pulses on models may end up as a leading or trailing vort only) apply, or is 18z a realistic picture of what could happen?

yeah babyyyyyy...

These fronts are just awesome. It's the best when a powerful squall accompanies them. The front coming the end of the week probably isn't the last. I had a high of 14 yesterday and 16 today. Unreal. When we look back on this period years later we will really understand how unusual these negatives are.

These fronts are just awesome. It's the best when a powerful squall accompanies them. The front coming the end of the week probably isn't the last. I had a high of 14 yesterday and 16 today. Unreal. When we look back on this period years later we will really understand how unusual these negatives are.

yup

and scoring more plowable snow will on enhance the memories    lol

Crap. Sorry matt. I meant to hit reply and hit delete.

I like it. Showing up on short range and globals. After Sat night I'm kinda addicted to dynamic arctic fronts. Intense stuff if awesome regardless of brevity.

Hi Res NAM gives your house 3-4"....thread has been started....Ian will like it....nice phase and 500mb presentation

Euro is backing off the warm runner look. Now we have to deal with another snowstorm followed by ice and glacier this weekend. Love it. The worm has turned.

the euro back to what it gave us a few days ago...double digit snow. Maybe thats why your chart today had so many pinks in it LOL

Archived