Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Mid FEB through March Threats/Snow Storms

mitchnick

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks good to me through 90 nice mass down in AR moving NE with a nice cold airmass overhead. 

ROA up to LYH gets a great thump it looks like. Precip takes a long time to get up into us. Temps were good but then went downhill with the slow QPF progression. I'll leave PBP to others i dont wanna be bad luck. 

I was just going to post that Mitch. Quick frozen to warm rainer seems like the least likely solution attm. Pretty incredible turnaround. I think the airports probably have a better than 50% shot at beating climo this year. I only need 6-7" to get there in my yard. 

I'm not sure the odds are that high. It doesn't look like we're done yet with accumulating snow, but it did take us like 4 or 5 threats to nail down one region-wide snowfall. We're in a somewhat better pattern for our region now, but I still doubt all or even most of the threats are going to work out for us.  

What we're seeing is just a slight relaxation and resetting of the pattern. Take a look at the 12z EURO today @ 174 hours, there is a very potent ULL moving down from Canada and heading SE. We are also seeing some energy around Texas and some dropping in from NW US.....I think while it is certainly possible we see some snow from the event next week. The period that offers possibly the last chance at a "MAJOR" storm is in the 25-28th time frame. It has been showing up on the ensembles for a bit now as well. 

I'm not sure the odds are that high. It doesn't look like we're done yet with accumulating snow, but it did take us like 4 or 5 threats to nail down one region-wide snowfall. We're in a somewhat better pattern for our region now, but I still doubt all or even most of the threats are going to work out for us.

DCA may still pull off sub 10" after all. ;(

Archived