joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Mid FEB through March Threats/Snow Storms

mitchnick

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is still in fantasy land so I'll ask my question here and not banter. What are you looking at that would suggest a fron end thump of 4"+?

Text output I'm seeing on eurowx shows the 180 and 192 h panels with 1.46" as rain and then .15" as snow on the back end. Even York and h'burg have >32 surface temps.

Actually, the most impressive part of that run, IMO, was the brutal cold shot at day 10.

snow falls between approximately 170-178...

The next cold shot looks sick too. I was wrong on that angle from range for this one.. thought it would end up more modified than it has. Pretty wild stuff for this late these days.

I was just going to comment on the mid-week cold blast. A week this cold in mid to late Feb. is probably a 1 in 30-40 year occurrence. 1934,1958,1979 and 2015?

I was just going to comment on the mid-week cold blast. A week this cold in mid to late Feb. is probably a 1 in 30-40 year occurrence. 1934,1958,1979 and 2015?

Honestly haven't looked.. was planning on doing some spreadsheeting when I get home. ;)

I'm only pretending to be okay with these strong cold shots because there's stuff to track. This is the first time in a very long time, maybe forever in my hobbyist career going back to 2000, that I've seen temperatures forecast to be below freezing all next work week plus Sunday. If it wasn't for yesterday and hopefully Tuesday and prayerfully Saturday I'd be one unhappy camper wearing several layers.

Its showing an overrunning situation.  Perhaps additional snowfall accumulation. No well defined low.  Seeing a lot of pink being plotted with the storm on Tuesday and its adding more with the 7 day.  So, its for everyone in the Middle Atlantic.  Wish I could post that snowfall map. 

Switches to rain after 4 inches of snow.

Definitely a storm. Looks like some mixing issue after several inches of snow. Another arctic shot poised to follow it looks like.

Its showing an overrunning situation.  Perhaps additional snowfall accumulation. No well defined low.  Seeing a lot of pink being plotted with the storm on Tuesday and its adding more with the 7 day.  So, its for everyone in the Middle Atlantic.  Wish I could post that snowfall map. 

thx all

sorry for the ot

Another possible event on the 20-21st? Has the worm turned?

I posted sometime in the last week during the flood tide of despair that bullseyes move. Progressive patterns tend to spray with a wide range. We won't know if the gun is aimed at us until we're almost shoveling but I like what I se.

Winter is making a late season comeback!

Archived