joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Mid FEB through March Threats/Snow Storms

mitchnick

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would think less agreement is a sign of a better perturbation methodology. It is bothersome that we have had a number of consecutive runs with this storm where the op changes considerably and the ensembles are in good agreement with both solutions.

I think in general this is true, at least within a certain time frame.  You want the ensembles to represent as best as possible the amount of uncertainty and spread in possible solutions.  However, you'd like to see that spread narrow closer in to the event, i.e., converge more toward a likely solution.  That doesn't always happen of course...especially when there are uncertainties about various features that influence the outcome.

LOL- Deleting the storm thread is awesome. hahaha

Lol seriously? Kinda funny I guess. 12z GFS still has the storm coming up...too far east but there is precip not that far to the SE. I haven't looked closely but I think even here I would get a little. IDK not a horrible run IMO. Still time. It aint ovah..

There were a lot of good posts in there. Plus it went off the air with no warning. I was right in the middle of typing and it shut down.

I agree. Deleting that was stupid. This isn't going ots because of a thread. If it misses it's because it doesn't phase. The runs that being it up like the nam phase the two streams. If it doesn't phase it will get squashed by the northern stream. That simple.

Freak outage and overreaction to the GFS. It wasn't that bad. Just too far east. Bring it NW 75-100 miles and we are good. See what the ens have shortly.

Yesterday people are miffed at me giving a prediction of out to sea as being bold yet the storm thread which I've been posting for 2 hours on a day off has been taken off due to a knee jerk reaction from the GFS??

Yesterday people are miffed at me giving a prediction of out to sea as being bold yet the storm thread which I've been posting for 2 hours on a day off has been taken off due to a knee jerk reaction from the GFS??

Its your fault, along with the creation of that storm thread. You better get outa here ;)

Freak outage and overreaction to the GFS. It wasn't that bad. Just too far east. Bring it NW 75-100 miles and we are good. See what the ens have shortly.

it wasn't that far for you but most here are a ways nw if you. For me it's almost in another time zone from where I need it. You have a totally different snow climo then me. Most of your good snows are a miss here. Most if my good snows are mix/rain for you.

I agree. Deleting that was stupid. This isn't going ots because of a thread. If it misses it's because it doesn't phase. The runs that being it up like the nam phase the two streams. If it doesn't phase it will get squashed by the northern stream. That simple.

Stormtracker pulled into a Sheetz to hit the head and left his computer on the seat with Matt in the car who is now laughing at us.

Archived