Newest Member
    joxey
Obs/Weenie disco thread for SWFE to coastal Feb 2

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Suffield had ten on pns

That is low because Enfield had 12.3", Agawam had 14", Longmeadow had 12.5", Springfield had 11.9", and East Longmeadow had 10" at 324pm, but that was before the mega band came through, so I'm sure they will come in over a foot as well. I even measured 11.5" and that was depth so accounting for compaction I'm sure I got over a foot as well and I'm on the northeast side of town very close to Six Flags. 

Landed up with about 5" of snow/sleet. 2.5" of snow before the changeover this AM, then 1" of mostly sleet mixed with snow and freezing rain which created quite the thick crusty layer, and last a final 1.5" of snow as that deform band scraped through the area this evening. The 5" today brings my average depth to about 18" after 21" in the blizzard and 5" today and really added some super high density staying power to my pack. All in all, not a bad storm here and quite fun to watch. Congrats to all of those who overperformed! Starting to feel like I'm back in Buffalo with all this snow

The past week has been really special in New England. Some weekly snowfall figures (1/26 through 2/2):

Boston: 42.5"

Portland: 38.4"

Worcester: 52.1"

Note: Some changes are still possible when the final figures for 2/2 are in.

That the Patriots won Superbowl XLIX only adds to the memorable week it has been.

That is low because Enfield had 12.3", Agawam had 14", Longmeadow had 12.5", Springfield had 11.9", and East Longmeadow had 10" at 324pm, but that was before the mega band came through, so I'm sure they will come in over a foot as well. I even measured 11.5" and that was depth so accounting for compaction I'm sure I got over a foot as well and I'm on the northeast side of town very close to Six Flags. 

I'm on the SE side of town and I measured 15.  10 is way to low and BDL is way low as well. We were under that megaband for a good 2+ hours and if you look at Box's 5:01 update

SUFFIELD 9.0 1221 PM 2/02 HAM RADIO

and that was long before the mega band.

Nice storm for W MA.

It snowed past a lot of those reporting times. 

...FRANKLIN COUNTY...

ASHFIELD              13.0   535 PM  2/02  NONE

SHELBURNE             12.0   409 PM  2/02  GENERAL PUBLIC

GREENFIELD            12.0   457 PM  2/02  MEDIA

HEATH                 12.0   930 PM  2/02  HAM RADIO

ORANGE                11.0   855 PM  2/02  TRAINED SPOTTER

EAST CHARLEMONT       10.0   455 PM  2/02  SPOTTER

...HAMPDEN COUNTY...

LUDLOW                17.0   452 PM  2/02  TRAINED SPOTTER

FEEDING HILLS         15.5   844 PM  2/02  GENERAL PUBLIC

AGAWAM                14.0   434 PM  2/02  HAM RADIO

WALES                 14.0   507 PM  2/02  HAM RADIO

LONGMEADOW            12.5   447 PM  2/02  NONE

SPRINGFIELD           11.9   713 PM  2/02  HAM RADIO

SOUTHWICK             11.5   747 PM  2/02  HAM RADIO

...HAMPSHIRE COUNTY...

PLAINFIELD            11.3   954 PM  2/02  SOCIAL MEDIA

WARE                  11.0   802 PM  2/02  HAM RADIO

AMHERST               10.8   815 PM  2/02  NONE

PELHAM                10.8   859 PM  2/02  TRAINED SPOTTER

WESTHAMPTON           10.0   455 PM  2/02  SPOTTER

I'm on the SE side of town and I measured 15.  10 is way to low and BDL is way low as well. We were under that megaband for a good 2+ hours and if you look at Box's 5:01 update

SUFFIELD 9.0 1221 PM 2/02 HAM RADIO

and that was long before the mega band.

I think 15 might be a bit high, but I don't know. I definitely feel a general 12-14 inches definitely is what the area experienced today regardless.

The 2nd half of this storm was very high ratio fluff...not the denser stuff from the morning. I measured around 17" for the event on winter hill, but the "new" snow depth is 15" because the fluff of the final 8 hours settles quickly. I'm sure that will be down another 2 inches pretty quickly now that the snow has ended.

If you just stick a yard stick in the ground at the end, then it will be the lower total...but still acceptable.

Meanwhile as mentioned a guy shoveled my walk and side and back. My wife paid him. I hope he comes back and finshes. I under the wx with the flu...should not have gone in today. I hope I don't have to dig the car out tomorrow if th guy doesn't show...lol.

I hope you have a speedy recovery. I was only joking about you can't keep up with the shoveling lol.

What you should do about that cold is, take Cold-Eeze, Zinc, Echinacea, Vitamin C, Vitamin D, drink a ton of orange juice, filtered water, Use a Berkey for best results and eat lots of hot chicken noodle soup. Let the soup simmer for an hour with plenty of added vegetables and herbs like Rosemary, Basil, Oregano, those herbs will strengthen your body's resistance to colds. I know. I throw lots of herbs in my soup every day and I have not had a cold since December 2012. This is Feb 2015. 

We need to get you back in great shape - We need you back up and running and help those folks dig out of the blizzards of 2015 lol. You're one of the best shovelers and snow blower operators there is in all of New England!

Get better soon!

If I was up there I'd GLADLY dig out your car and clean all of the snow from your walks and around all your vehicles to true classical Jebman Standards lol. You would NEVER EVER have to worry about snow removal again with The Jebster around! And, I'd gladly do it all for FREE! It would be an honor!

Congratulations on all of your snow! You are only getting started. This month is going to make 1961 look like a July afternoon in New England!

I can say after looking, the only comparisons are:       

- Entering the February 1st storm in 2011 which was the First Under-performing storm that season, foretold by the First disappointing model run which was the 00z suite on February 1st.  The 15"-25" storm turned into a gloppy and sloppy 5"-15" storm.  Kind of ruined the look of the amazing snow banks and piles.  And that was pretty much the end of winter.  But this is a product of the Blizzard of 2011 that happened on the 11th and 12th but the snow stayed around for the most part.  The 27th Buzzsaw (best radar ever?) Bombogenesis quick hitter dropped 12" for most, and then the next was below a foot or so.  Not 35"-50" totals in a week / 8 days though.  

- The 3 storms (Blizzard of 2005 in the middle) of January 20th-27th, 2005.  That was 8 days and may have been more snow depending on the area.  

- Early January 1996 with the Blizzard of 1996.  Again may have been more or less depending on your area.  

- February 1969 was 2.5 Weeks of separation, but the all-time greatest month deserves mention.  

- 1956 had an Insane March / April, but not this good since it was warm.  

- 1947-1948 had not 1 but TWO almost back to back 12" / 15"  style storms, once in December separated by  only 3 days, and once in January when they were separated by 7 days.  

- 1945-1946 had a December 19th Footer and a December 29th Footer.  

So Top 8 Ain't bad for At Worst for SNE!  Now Snow Depth?  We're Way off for records on that one.     

Archived