joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Obs/Weenie disco thread for SWFE to coastal Feb 2

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

9.0" total here. It might have been an inch or two higher if I measured and cleared the board every 3 hours due to the fluffy nature of the snow.

Some of the reports in the ALY PNS are likely inflated due to improper measuring. I don't think Pittsfield and Lanesboro had 13" when I had 9" and Savoy up at 2K had 11.9".

The 19" in Woodford is probably legit though as that spotter is normally reliable.

4.5" pre-mix. 3" post-mix. 7.5" total. Still SN- here in Bristol.

Enjoying the 12-18" of snow pack in my yard. And though I missed out on some snow while we had a changeover, the sleet/rain mix has now frozen up and turned the snow pack pretty solid. Judging the CFS maps I've been seeing, not going to see my lawn until March. That's tough to do down here near the bay!

ORH came in at 17, so my guesstimate pans out (shoveled those steps often enough today to have a good sense of what hit us....one of the more reliable spots in my yard, protected from the wind, etc.) Since we were down to about 25 inches after compaction, we are up at 40+ until the wind and compaction lower us again. Most of today's snow (until the last burst) was much more dense than the blizzards, so minus any serious melting, we should hold onto a better depth. 

hope you feel better bro, wait until we have 5 that will give him a stat

Thanks Steve. I may pay the doctor a vist as this settled in as the blizzard last week was winding down and it's not going away..

OT but we thought our 20 year old cat went away to die 2 days before the blizzard last week. I ws thinking I'm running out of animals to die during blizzards......till she jumped out of my daughters closet with a what? look on her face...lol.

Firehose verified something like 13.1 for BOS.

It was WAY more than that away from Logan.

Not that it REALLY matters, but I hate hate hate that Logan is used for BOS's storm representation when it's an annexed-into-the-political-boundaries location, geographically quite distinct from the city itself.

Thanks Steve. I may pay the doctor a vist as this settled in as the blizzard last week was winding down and it's not going away..

OT but we thought our 20 year old cat went away to die 2 days before the blizzard last week. I ws thinking I'm running out of animals to die during blizzards......till she jumped out of my daughters closet with a what? look on her face...lol.

That's an old cat! I thought mine making it to 18 was amazing. Feel better. Rest up for the next one.

yes they will give you anti viral. I suffered for two weeks

Still some light snow at 9 PM, with 7.0" on 0.50" LE. Finally some nice dendrites after dark - the most recent 2" was probably 20:1. Up to 31" at the stake, tallest snowpack I've recorded on Feb. 2, though by mid-month in 2008 we had over 40". Temp today was -1/-17, making this event the most snow I've had on a day that remained below zero, even with Ft. Kent included.

Just about every school in the area has closed tomorrow..... Except bridgewater state. Not sure what type of games they are playing, but they did a horrendous job cleaning up after the blizzard when school reopened Thursday.

If its a similar scene tomorrow, it isn't going to be pretty, as complaints are going to be more vocal than last week, by many more people.

Archived