joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Winter Med Range Discussion days 3-10 pbp II

buckeyefan1

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The 12Z GFS output two lows below zero for Hickory:  Thursday morning and Friday morning.  The high on Thursday would be about 13 F.  That is amazingly cold air.

The cold and snow breeds more cold.. this is next Sat afternoon... what a wedge of cold !!

GE7kPcd.gif

There seem to be 2 or 3 more chances following tomorrow's event showing up on the 18Z GFS.  Amazing pattern setting up, but familiarity breeds contempt.  Some of you are going to be tired of winter weather by the end of this 2-week period and longing for spring.

Only if it's all ice. I haven't looked at the runs yet, are any of these threats looking like snow for I-85 from NEGA to CLT or is it all ice? What a shame it would be to waste this awesome pattern on nothing but ice. But I have been thinking that is exactly where we are headed :(

The Canadian has a nice snowstorm later this week.

The Canadian seems to have a cold and snow bias  (maybe because it comes from Canada) - am I just making that up? I love what it shows, but it never seems to verify.

The one next weekend seems like a redo of this one for the 85 corridor - a system tracking too far north. There is actually a really nice HP of 1040 over delmarva on one of those frames but it gets shunted out to sea on the next :(  The system on 2/24 - 2/25 looks interesting but waaaay too far out to even look at, especially since we can't get models to tell us anything past 24 hrs; lol!

Well you don't see a GFS run like that everyday.  I believe we have freezing precip from one wedge and then we have a constant stream of precip  for about 3 straight days. Giving time for  a completely different high pressure to build in and give us round two of freezing rain..... 

Well you don't see a GFS run like that everyday.  I believe we have freezing precip from one wedge and then we have a constant stream of precip  for about 3 straight days. Giving time for  a completely different high pressure to build in and give us round two of freezing rain..... 

Yea the 00Z GFS is the craziest overrunning I have ever seen inside day 10 too! lol snow to sleet to ZR back to snow, all in 3 days time!

Does anybody have access to the 00z Ukmet 120hr Precip Panel? It's not working on weatherbell and I think it might show us getting plastered based off the surface pressure map, but it's hard to say.

Thanks

No plastering, but snow from 120-138 NW tip of SC up through NC mtns and foothills. SN- spread east at 144.

Archived