joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Winter Med Range Discussion days 3-10 pbp II

buckeyefan1

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When you look at the GFS/GGEM/Navgem/UK from the 1000 foot view they are starting to converge, some weaker east and some that are more amped up solutions.  For day 4-5 they are not so far apart unless you are nitpicking your specific backyard.

Agree, and we've come a long, long way from the Ohio Valley cutter....so, things look pretty rosy right now in the big picture

Honestly I couldn't be sitting better right now. No ice to deal with and nice snow event. Course it will change some, hopefully for the better. gfs means look great. Haven't seen canadian. And pack are you sure ukie is east tn, where did u see it

http://meteocentre.com/models/explorateur.php?lang=en&map=na&run=00&mod=ukmet&stn=PNM&comp=1&run2=-99&mod2=cmc_anal&stn2=PNM&hh2=120&fixhh=1&stn2_type=anal&mode=latest&yyyy=latest&mm=latest&dd=latest&hh=096

I agree, definitely much better chance than the SB oelr any other so called threat. but less moisture is slightly concerning on some of the models.

Honestly I couldn't be sitting better right now. No ice to deal with and nice snow event. Course it will change some, hopefully for the better. gfs means look great.

Well, I don't think this Euro run is going to come in suppressed, thus far.

nope..it's not going to be like the gfs. much slower/wetter through 90 hours. .I'm a bit surprised at the lack of activity in here tonight.

large area of snow over alabama, north ga, tn and moving into nc at 96 hours..greater than 0.25

So does SC   :wub:   That doesn't happen often enough   :(    Until then.....I'll enjoy the rain   :D

Darlin' with the rain underneath and the cold on top, one is going to hit, eventually.  Just have to stay away from the models and look at the trends, lol.  Must be going to be a book end winter, with the real thing deciding to come on board now, lol.  Glad you cleared the portals out, so the cold could linger.  Looks cold for a while now.. if the models don't change in a half a day..and still time for another blizzard if we are worthy, lol.  T

102 it goes over to sleet/freezing rain over north ga..another 0.25. 0.10 to 0.25 over sc consisting of snow or a mix.  850 0c isotherm runs across extreme north ga and northern sc. So if i had to guess it's sleet mainly with surface freezing line from atlanta to just south of columbia sc.

CAE to ATL to BHM looks ICY!!by 6z TUE as well.  

looks good so far. hour 108 it's gone over to what is likely light freezing rain based on 850s.  freezing temps down into central ga...even down to augusta by 108. trail of moisture continues to the west.

here is where it gets tricky though..by 114 there is enough of a break in precip that surface temps warm above freezing most areas. northern edge of light rain is through central ga/sc. north carolina doesn't get much after the initial light snow btw.

102 it goes over to sleet/freezing rain over north ga..another 0.25. 0.10 to 0.25 over sc consisting of snow or a mix.  850 0c isotherm runs across extreme north ga and northern sc. So if i had to guess it's sleet mainly with surface freezing line from atlanta to just south of columbia sc.

Maybe an I-20 wintry mess?

looks good so far. hour 108 it's gone over to what is likely light freezing rain based on 850s.  freezing temps down into central ga...even down to augusta by 108. trail of moisture continues to the west.

here is where it gets tricky though..by 114 there is enough of a break in precip that surface temps warm above freezing most areas. northern edge of light rain is through central ga/sc. north carolina doesn't get much after the initial light snow btw.

agreed...this is going into suppression..

Maybe an I-20 wintry mess?

moisture might be making a rebound at  120..0c 850 runs from atlanta to athens but that is also the back edge of the precip.

nope..pushed south by 126. huge change though from the 12z run which was very wet at this stage. Regardless decent event ms/al/ga/sc. maybe 0.50 to 0.75 in the atlanta/athens to greenwood to columbia corridor.

Archived