• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
Winter Med Range Discussion days 3-10 pbp II

buckeyefan1

Agreed....much too warm based on sfc temps.  May have snow to start, change over to IP/ZR, then rain, then back to snow as the model is showing...looking forward to the ensembles.

ATL is 30/8 at 12Z at 90 hours when precip moves in from the west..it would take awhile to saturate based on that sounding I'm looking at.  Yeah, by 102 the GFS wants to warm the surface but I doubt it would actually happen based on everything I'm seeing, it looks mostly PL for ATL initially then FZRA

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ATL is 30/8 at 12Z at 90 hours when precip moves in from the west..it would take awhile to saturate based on that sounding I'm looking at.  Yeah, by 102 the GFS wants to warm the surface but I doubt it would actually happen based on everything I'm seeing, it looks mostly PL for ATL initially then FZRA

How has the new GFS been at day 4-5 for winter events. We haven't had anything close to track so have no clue what its bias are.

Agreed!  I actually think we are in the "funky" time period for the GFS...Look for some crazy A** solutions for the next few days.  I actually think we could see that back end vort pop something further south since the first piece should suppress the 2nd.

this is from a well respected poster in the Northeast from another board. Don't like what he has to say at all.

A couple things. 1.If the storm takes an 18z GFS track, it will NOT give big snows to GA/NC and Southeast Virginia. Not in a progressive pattern, and we all have seen cold snaps be unimpressive compared to modeled. Eastern and Northern New England into Nova Scotia would do good though. 2.This could still trend back to NW solutions easily. 3. The NW QPF shield would be way better with HP. Could be another synoptic/localized event. The trend is clear right now though.    

this is from a well respected poster in the Northeast from another board. Don't like what he has to say at all.

A couple things. 1.If the storm takes an 18z GFS track, it will NOT give big snows to GA/NC and Southeast Virginia. Not in a progressive pattern, and we all have seen cold snaps be unimpressive compared to modeled. Eastern and Northern New England into Nova Scotia would do good though. 2.This could still trend back to NW solutions easily. 3. The NW QPF shield would be way better with HP. Could be another synoptic/localized event. The trend is clear right now though.    

lol sounds like a wishcast to me, 18z track with that hp gives us all wintry wx every day of the week and twice on sunday.

But sleet on the bottom is best! Not seeing that for NNC though. Gonna have to come back way north to bring ice into the disco around here.

I think there's plenty of time for the NW trend. We WILL see that before this is all said and done. But, I hope we see see mostly snow. Gonna take some work to get that around here though.

I need Tony to weigh in on this matter. :guitar:

How's it been going man? You had any snow yet over there?

Archived