joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 2015 obs/disco/short range

AlaskaETC

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Saw some kids playing 3 on 3 ice hockey on a construction site catch pond tonight in Norbeck. I was jealous and wanted to run home and grab my skates.

Lots of ice on the eastern shore side of the bay. Many of the creek are frozen as well. It's a shame we're going to torch and say goodbye to it all. It's just starting to look good out there.

Cold out there tonight. Down to 15.

Lots of ice on the eastern shore side of the bay. Many of the creek are frozen as well. It's a shame we're to going to torch and say goodbye to it all. It's just starting to look good out there.

Cold out there tonight. Down to 15.

There's a pond a few minutes from my house called sunfish pond in the woods at meadowside nature center. Just about rink sized and only 2-3' deep around most of the perimeter so drowning risk is low. Not that I take chances but it's always in the back of your mind. I might check it out tomorrow morning. Kids will usually clear the snow but since its just now safe enough I'm not sure if anybody has been back there yet.

There's a pond a few minutes from my house called sunfish pond in the woods at meadowside nature center. Just about rink sized and only 2-3' deep around most of the perimeter so drowning risk is low. Not that I take chances but it's always in the back of your mind. I might check it out tomorrow morning. Kids will usually clear the snow but since its just now safe enough I'm not sure if anybody has been back there yet.

I have a thing for ice also. I'm definitely guilty of walking on some sketchy ice (usually just around the edge). I guess I'm a bit of a ice weenie.

Still 15.

I'm not gonna lie, when I saw the temp map a few minutes ago I immediately shook my head at the DCA temp (because of UHI, not because I doubt it). It's like someone is holding a blowtorch over the city :lol:

hate to bring it up, but the fact remains this is th3e kind of stuff that completely skews global warming arguments

hone in on DCA and look at the surrounding readings that don't make it to the calculations because they are not official sites

http://www.wrh.noaa.gov/mesowest/gmap.php?zoom=7&extents=36.922526,-80.150879,41.972097,-79.732227&density=1

even BWI was more than 3 BN so thru yesterday and IAD was more than 4, while DCA was .7?????? I mean wtf

Down to 13.

Couldn't ask for better weather for a January night. Cold, clear, no wind, snow on the ground, absolutely beautiful out there tonight. Don't forget to enjoy the pattern we're in.

A perfect summer night would be the exact opposite. Hot, humid, with the flashing of distance storms (over the md/pa line as usual).

Archived