joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 2015 obs/disco/short range

AlaskaETC

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mitch, rgem actually shows around .05 qpf from dca through bwi and .10 near the elkton area. NAM/HRRR sim radar show a brief band of virga. Go RGEM!

ETA: Duh! Your maps show the same. I only looked at the top 2 panels before posting.

no matter

0Z cut back....color maps not out yet

511_100.gif

It's still insisting on a coating of snow that the other models aren't showing... in less than 7 hours. 

true, but if you look at surface reports, you have to get near the GL before there is actually snow hitting the ground

it;s possible it could develop over us once it jumps the mts., but idk....the other models have me convinced otherwise

of course reality will be a snow shower that could be argued both ways   lol

true, but if you look at surface reports, you have to get near the GL before there is actually snow hitting the ground

it;s possible it could develop over us once it jumps the mts., but idk....the other models have me convinced otherwise

of course reality will be a snow shower that could be argued both ways   lol

Temp is up to 18 here. Very unscientific, but it feels more like snow outside lol...

It's still insisting on a coating of snow that the other models aren't showing... in less than 7 hours.

NAM4k has 25 dbz returns.. It is composite but it would prob do something. Gotta hedge after Tue lol.

Bumped up to 21. Felt warm when I took the trash out. Pretty awesome that 3.8" of high ratio snow will mostly be intact 3 days later. All exposures still completely covered and even the drifting back onto my shoveled sidewalk and driveway hasn't budged. Solid wintry week for sure

I was thinking he same thing when I was outside a bit ago. Its up to 18 from a low of around 4 degrees this a.m.

The reason I know next Monday's storm will be plain rain or slush is this: If we were in for something worth getting excited about. this place would be buzzing with excitement. The Jebman shovels are back in cold storage. I expect  a car topping of super cold rain come Monday. There's no buzz in the forums and no model thread. Who tracks a rainstorm in January anyway?

Alright then VDOT... http://www.virginiadot.org/newsroom/northern_virginia/2015/vdot_asks_drivers_to78805.asp

VDOT ASKS DRIVERS TO PREPARE FOR FRIDAY COMMUTE
Expect slick conditions in neighborhoods

FAIRFAX—VDOT asks drivers to delay trips or allow extra drive time Friday as crews ramp up for more snow showers during the morning commute. About 400 trucks will report in Loudoun, Fairfax, Prince William and Arlington counties to handle up to a half-inch of accumulation forecasted for rush hour.

Alright then VDOT... http://www.virginiadot.org/newsroom/northern_virginia/2015/vdot_asks_drivers_to78805.asp

VDOT ASKS DRIVERS TO PREPARE FOR FRIDAY COMMUTE

Expect slick conditions in neighborhoods

FAIRFAX—VDOT asks drivers to delay trips or allow extra drive time Friday as crews ramp up for more snow showers during the morning commute. About 400 trucks will report in Loudoun, Fairfax, Prince William and Arlington counties to handle up to a half-inch of accumulation forecasted for rush hour.

Time for another allnighter then. I'll start brewin up more coffee.......

NAM4k has 25 dbz returns.. It is composite but it would prob do something. Gotta hedge after Tue lol.

I just had a few flakes come down when letting the dog out. It was pretty cool because as each flake came down, you could see it land on existing snow and stay unmelted. the flakes were decent size so it looked like someone was sprinkling salt crystals

Archived