joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Wednesday/Night Storm Obs

moneypitmike

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think we are awhile away from that here luckily. Kinda gets hung up a little by 128 later too. Definitely sleeting by 8pm.

ORH to Interior NE MA looks like a ton of sleet, no? 30-32F at the sleet hours.

Hope so for your sake any dual pol images anyone of sleet line? My guess is large bust to KASH at least

can a couple mets who know what they're talking about and live in the region comment on any kind of change back to snow tonight for the region? Is it just flurries or a period of steady snow that can drop another inch or 2?

I'm not a meteorologist, but sometimes I play one on t.v.  This has allowed me the experience of being around a few meteorologists in my time.  With that being said, it is from this experince alone that I am able to conclude that no, you will not receive another inch or 2.

...Although, there may be hope for you some other time in the future.

Thank  you.

I think we are awhile away from that here luckily. Kinda gets hung up a little by 128 later too. Definitely sleeting by 8pm.

ORH to Interior NE MA looks like a ton of sleet, no? 30-32F at the sleet hours.

I'm mixing with sleet now. Hearing it ping off the windows.

I'm not a meteorologist, but sometimes I play one on t.v.  This has allowed me the experience of being around a few meteorologists in my time.  With that being said, it is from this experince alone that I am able to conclude that no, you will not receive another inch or 2.

...Although, there may be hope for you some other time in the future.

Thank  you.

That's hilarious...Did you stay at a "Holiday Inn Express" last night????

From what I have seen this far, the WCB has never really materialized as modeled...I'm not sure if gravity waves have been responsible for making things more fragmented, but the QPF is about 60-70% of modeled so far in a lot of central and eastern areas.  

If you have choppy lift and more disorganized precip, then it is difficult to accumulate quickly...and especially if you are trying to offset some WAA from above.

The interesting part is that you can't really see a sleet line on dual pol very well in central and eastern MA...it onyl seems to show up nicely in N CT near BDL.

Can see the dry punch going up the South Jersey. This baby is toast. Grateful for thanksgiving snow but clearly an underperformer South of the Pike. Poor snow growth, marginal temperatures, mid level low too far NW, warm air aloft, high thicknesses , the deck was stacked against us but I thought the rates would get me to 6.  I think I may retire the weatherbell snow maps for good they were astoundingly too high for many areas.  Let's see how we finish here but I'll be lucky to get to 4.

Yeah - not a great forecast. Worked out well in NW CT but too high elswhere - especially east of the river.

Bob Maxon was really emphasizing the low end of the ranges this morning, basically said around 4 inches across much of the interior even though the map showed 4-8. That's when I knew there would be a lot of disappointed folks since people generally expect the top end of the ranges.

Archived