• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Wednesday/Night Storm Obs

moneypitmike

We have about another 60-0 minutes or so before the core of the show gets going.  The 850mb circulation is starting to get to it's mature point and lift is further increasing.  We are beginning to see what numerous models showed and that's the mlvl warmth moving inland as the system itself beings to strengthen and the 700mb low starts to develop.  Unfortunately, the position of this occurrence is only going to strengthen the S/SE winds around 10K...now it's just a question of how far inland this warmth gets.  Eventually, however, the 700mb circulation will kick east so the warmth will shunt to the SE...this is when it will be game on and for those lucky enough to remain on the cold side of things it will crank.  

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Crushing sleet wherever it is that I am right now. It seemed to be having trouble choosing a single precip type for a bit... snow, rain, sleet all in play at once in a clumsy orgy.

But sleet has emerged as the favorite. The old stuff is dead, long live this stuff.

I'm no expert but I'd say the temperature is definitely in the 30's.

Dual pol shows the sleet getting washed out near or south of the pike...this big omega thump will probably try and push it south at times. The line is much more defined near HFD...north side of the city and over to northern Tolland county...but gets a lot more diffuse to the east.

Archived