gopenoxfox
    Newest Member
    gopenoxfox
Thanksgiving Weekend Weather (Wed-Sun)

ORH_wxman

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The point: the experience itself and the three or four coldish days with low sun following it--so several days of white before it warms up and we wait for the next cold spell with storm development in mid December or thereabouts (unless the models have it wrong and we get it earlier). Unfortunately, we live in a SNE climate not UP Michigan or Duluth MN. We've got to enjoy what we get when we get it.

But he's in Maine, not SNE.

I don't really agree, but what BOX says doesn't matter. If you are near 128, you are caring more about the mid levels. If you are near BOS, the lower level is most important. 5 miles could mean a coating or 6". That's what it comes down to.

Its pointless, 06z ticked NW, Now we see if that holds or it goes back,12z is what matters next

Usually CFs on models are probably a few miles too far NW. The resolution will never really have the ability to properly define it, but we can get the idea. The 6z models actually push it west towards Newton-Stoneham area as the models came west a bit with the low. The part that I don't get from the BOX disco yesterday was the round about way of going at the rain/snow line and 32F isotherm. It will be snow on the otherside of the CF. It will wetbulb down to 32 or a hair below. It's basic climo. On the otherside of the CF, you may have 33-34F parachutes or white rain. This depends on how strong the lift is. But make no mistake, the other side of the CF will be near or below 32 for sure..I don't care how close to the coast it is. You can have a boiling sea of hot water in Boston harbor and it will be snow on the other side of that CF, noi matter how close to the coast it is. You aren't getting marine taint on a 360 wind.

I don't really agree, but what BOX says doesn't matter. If you are near 128, you are caring more about the mid levels. If you are near BOS, the lower level is most important. 5 miles could mean a coating or 6". That's what it comes down to.

Agree.

Everything else is splitting model history hairs.

Here's to hoping 12z RGEM holds colder for Boston area. But not liking the 60F dawn commute this morning.

Yes right at that union street exit. I've seen it there many times. Taking that turn after Best Buy is the climb favored spot on this setup

Yeah, tough pill to swallow, but the foe can turn into a friend later in the cold season. It's good to get a November event for sure across the region. Hopefully a sign of things to come.

Yeah, tough pill to swallow, but the foe can turn into a friend later in the cold season. It's good to get a November event for sure across the region. Hopefully a sign of things to come.

It's usually either stalled at the split, or the nw corner of brookline. Other times its farther inland but those 2 locales seem to be magnets for CF stalling

Sref are really bullish on snow amounts in interior SE mass. Even jumped up from when I checked last night. Mean of 10" or so now. I am fairly confident that is overdone unless we get a perfect scenario

I am a bit more bullish than box and most forecasts though.

I think we could do 4-6 of heavy wet snow here

Archived