wigl5l6k
    Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
Thanksgiving Weekend Weather (Wed-Sun)

ORH_wxman

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Everyone local to this blog-sphere, to the national and social media circuits, and back, everyone is unilaterally missing an extraordinary aspect about this 24 to 30 hour period to time, beginning now and ending sometime Wednesday evening.  Maybe it's just a given? Perhaps this type of ordeal has become so commonplace over the last two decades that it's, "Meh"  ??

I can recall circa 25 years ago ... a weather phenomenon of this magnitude would never 'slip under the radar' (all puns intended), as it is now [apparently].  Tom Brokaw would lead the nightly news with headlines pertaining to it!  Only after beating that aspect in marvel would he then discuss the snow its self.  The whole world is pre-occupied by snow: snow, snow snow, snow!   For those on this site, it's fearing pinger this, and seeking pat-on-the-shoulder-for-raining-this, the absurdity that I love best: congratulating?!   As they anyone had anything to do with the outcome...

Anyway, the aspect that is missed is that it is 62F on average across the region, less west of course... and 24 hours from now, it is supposed to be between 30 and 32F with blinding snow.  30F, summer to winter, and this is not the Front Range of the Rockies, where k-winds do that per course.  This is synoptic scaled weather sensibly washing two disparate seasons across the region, in literally ... one day!

THAT is the story here.  For me .. I could care less is Mt Tolland get's 10" while Will up there in ORH gets 20" ... The fact that it could even do that when we set as we set at this hour, in just one day, that USED to be the type of story line that drove media to a frenzy.

I guess these sort of whiplash events have become just so common place that folks just accept that the world doesn't have four seasons any longer; it has two seasons, and then a nebular array of utter chaos.   Transition seasons can be fantastic for changeability --  that part is notwithstanding. But what's coming over the next 30 hours pushes that aspect beyond the pail. And folks are not even talking about it.

Maybe that in its self is a red flag?  What if the models bust too cold unilaterally. 

Fascinating. 

I have figured that the pike region...perhaps ORH to Ray's area would kiss the pelting line at some point...but this seems to occur pretty late in the storm. Euro has been showing it too.

I know..I'm just teasing him. Damage is done for the most part.

I;ll take the inv trough signature later Thursday.

Everyone local to this blog-sphere, to the national and social media circuits, and back, everyone is unilaterally missing an extraordinary aspect about this 24 to 30 hour period to time, beginning now and ending sometime Wednesday evening. Maybe it's just a given? Perhaps this type of ordeal has become so commonplace over the last two decades that it's, "Meh" ??

I can recall circa 25 years ago ... a weather phenomenon of this magnitude would never 'slip under the radar' (all puns intended), as it is now [apparently]. Tom Brokaw would lead the nightly news with headlines pertaining to it! Only after beating that aspect in marvel would he then discuss the snow its self. The whole world is pre-occupied by snow: snow, snow snow, snow! For those on this site, it's fearing pinger this, and seeking pat-on-the-shoulder-for-raining-this, the absurdity that I love best: congratulating?! As they anyone had anything to do with the outcome...

Anyway, the aspect that is missed is that it is 62F on average across the region, less west of course... and 24 hours from now, it is supposed to be between 30 and 32F with blinding snow. 30F, summer to winter, and this is not the Front Range of the Rockies, where k-winds do that per course. This is synoptic scaled weather sensibly washing two disparate seasons across the region, in literally ... one day!

THAT is the story here. For me .. I could care less is Mt Tolland get's 10" while Will up there in ORH gets 20" ... The fact that it could even do that when we set as we set at this hour, in just one day, that USED to be the type of story line that drove media to a frenzy.

I guess these sort of whiplash events have become just so common place that folks just accept that the world doesn't have four seasons any longer; it has two seasons, and then a nebular array of utter chaos. Transition seasons can be fantastic for changeability -- that part is notwithstanding. But what's coming over the next 30 hours pushes that aspect beyond the pail. And folks are not even talking about it.

Maybe that in its self is a red flag? What if the models bust too cold unilaterally.

Fascinating.

I mentioned that this morning. 62F at midnight to snow 24hrs from now. Not bad.

Archived