wigl5l6k
    Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
Thanksgiving Weekend Weather (Wed-Sun)

ORH_wxman

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There could be really nice enhancement near the CF not so much for temp differential (prob only talking a 4-5F difference), but the high building down looks more impressive, so there will be some good low level convergence. We'll have to see...the models will often underestimate the difference in wind direction right along the front.

You shall feel the wrath of stats.

Meh...we've been through it before. It's selective memory at work.

We tend to forget about the times they are left out of the max when we're getting blitzed ourselves, but then pound out diatribes on the keyboard when we are left looking at the CCB rotting over their head....and it didn't help that it happened twice in close proximity (2011) to reinforce the selective memory process.

There could be really nice enhancement near the CF not so much for temp differential (prob only talking a 4-5F difference), but the high building down looks more impressive, so there will be some good low level convergence. We'll have to see...the models will often underestimate the difference in wind direction right along the front.

There definitely will be. It looks like a more narrow area of enhancement, but there will be. 

We tend to forget about the times they are left out of the max when we're getting blitzed ourselves, but then pound out diatribes on the keyboard when we are left looking at the CCB rotting over their head....and it didn't help that it happened twice in close proximity (2011) to reinforce the selective memory process.

I never forget when I pivot...trust me :lol:

I never forget when I pivot...trust me :lol:

Yep, but you forget all the times that they don't. :lol:

Didn't hear much about it in Feb 2013, Mar 2013, Jan 27, 2011, etc, etc. Well, no need to rehash the stats of coastal storms...we've been over it before in more detail when I went back through the past 15 years. This really isn't the thread for it anyway.  

But this one could certainly set up well for them..,..the only difference in this particular setup is the H7 low is more like an elongated front...so the best deformation might almost be right underneath it versus to the northwest of it

I don't tend to, I actually have bad memories of it

Yep, but you forget all the times that they don't. :lol:

Didn't hear much about it in Feb 2013, Mar 2013, Jan 27, 2011, etc, etc. Well, no need to rehash the stats of coastal storms...we've been over it before in more detail when I went back through the past 15 years. This really isn't the thread for it anyway.  

But this one could certainly set up well for them..,..the only difference in this particular setup is the H7 low is more like an elongated front...so the best deformation might almost be right underneath it versus to the northwest of it

I wasn't posting much during 2013, period.

Ok...2011, you got me?

There may be some forum regional dynamics in play too. That axis is smack in the middle of our regional forum, so the big ticket storms that encompass most posters seem to lead to events where we are NW fringe up here, the central areas from Berks to Dendrite to Dryslot seem to be smack in the middle of it, while further south worries about mixing.

I'm not sure I'm explaining my thought well, but when they get hit I'm thinking it was close but of course they are the ones that get crushed. Likewise the guys to the south are thinking man we were so close but they got it again.

Archived