• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Thanksgiving Weekend Weather (Wed-Sun)

ORH_wxman

The inverted trough for Thanksgiving will have to be watched. It's been showing up to different levels of extent on pieces of guidance.

It could be the type of thing that drops 1-2" somewhere when it isn't really being forecasted at all. Could suprise some folks.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

CF has a N to S appearance any intrusion back to 128 "as of now" is negligible. Wow there is going to be a huge gradiant. The NWS has much at stake being the first widespread accumulation, combine that with the Holiday, memories are made. People will remember and get caught off guard when the biggy of the season strikes. Can't please everyone so you got to please yourself. All right now....   

The fact is most of us are going to see 6-12 inches of snow and some even more near MPM.Do people really care if they get a couple hours of sleet on top to lock in the pack an extra day or 2 next week when it milds up for a few days? Who cares if you sleet. It's preporsterous people rooting against sleet

There is still time to bust warm, as previously mentioned.

The fact is most of us are going to see 6-12 inches of snow and some even more near MPM.Do people really care if they get a couple hours of sleet on top to lock in the pack an extra day or 2 next week when it milds up for a few days? Who cares if you sleet. It's preporsterous people rooting against sleet

Spoken like someone concerned about pelting.  :)

Torch continues.

52.4/35

Glad you're resigned yourself to the pinging that will be upon Mount Tolland tomorrow. 

Glad you're resigned yourself to the pinging that will be upon Mount Tolland tomorrow. 

its 61 degrees out today, did anyone forecast this? Tomorrow is nowcast, RGEM is my model of choice as of now. I could be looking at inches of sleet but as I said its 61 today, that alone is pretty awesome, white Turkey day. got to love it

The inverted trough for Thanksgiving will have to be watched. It's been showing up to different levels of extent on pieces of guidance.

It could be the type of thing that drops 1-2" somewhere when it isn't really being forecasted at all. Could suprise some folks.

Thank you Will!   I've been wondering about that Norlun look for awhile my self... 

sleet early, middle, late part of storm or all through it? Lot's of times we get it toward the end in this region.

Sleet will be in the latter part of the storm for interior regions pike-northward...a bit earlier to the south and east.

It's really not going to change the impact too much...it might give ORH 9" instead of 12" or something like that if it comes in slightly sooner.

I wouldn't obsess over the sleet. There's a lot of snow that comes before it.

I mean if you are Ray to Will down to even TOL..you are getting a good deal of snow. Does it matter of it's 6 or 8, 8 or 11 in November? I'd hit that so hard and fast. 

For those with Severe Jackpot Fetish Disorder, it matters.

But yeah, that is what I was just posting before...if you are far enough north to get ripped with the core WCB snows for about 6 hours, the sleet is really not that big of a game-changer...so you end up with 7-8 inches of dense pack vs 13" of fluffier snow. Big deal.

Archived