joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Thanksgiving Weekend Weather (Wed-Sun)

ORH_wxman

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have a question about deformation bands. Some storms have them so don't. Will we see a bit of a second QPF max on the western/northwestern sides of the low or will snowfall just kind of drop off as you head well into Western and Northern New England.

Well western SNE gets clocked, western NNE it will taper off. It should be a fairly unified area of 8-12" and then slowly taper from there.

Harvey is number one. Burbank, TK, And Noyes pretty good too.

BTW, great call from you since the get go. Also nice map sboswx. Mirrors my thoughts very well.

Harvey has been number one for years.  One of the greats.  Last night he articulated the complexities very well of what could go wrong. He was leaning on the warm side of guidance.  He will be interesting to watch tonight.

I have a question about deformation bands.  Some storms have them so don't.  Will we see a bit of a second QPF max on the western/northwestern sides of the low or will snowfall just kind of drop off as you head well into Western and Northern New England.

I this particular event, the mid-level lows at H7 and up are really elongated...so we won't see the big huge secondary max I don't think...but I do think there will be a little secondary max...it will probably be more like a narrow stripe vs this big fat deformation band at 30-35dbz NW of a mature H7 low.

But there will be a general nice snow to the north...just not insane rates like perhaps SNE will get on the front end.

Run doesn't make much sense to me. It's slightly east. Slightly warmer at surface. Slightly cooler aloft. Lower level temps suspect imho. Looking and comparing 10m winds to 0z run of euro, winds are even more northerly this run. Red flags on the lower level torch.

Well consider temps today...and that there's no real strong advection on-going. It's more dynamic cooling needed from the top down so maybe it's just sensing it'll be harder to really cool it off than earlier thought?

Wow, euro likes cstl SE MA for inv trough snows. Messenger in 3.....2....1...

This inverted trough thing could go right into midday Friday in eastern areas. It's a pretty good looking setup.

If that holds for another couple runs, then it might be prudent to hit additional accumulations.

My guess is the low level temp difference on the Euro is related to omega...the whole thing is not quite as obscene as 00z was which was bombing us with higher rates...it's still impressive for sure, but 00z was "The Steroid Run"...there's always one.

Probably 00z latent cooled the freezing line almost to the coast...this run is not quite as enthusiastic, but it isn't a torch or anything.

Archived