Newest Member
    joxey
November 2014 Banter

Kay

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Euro weeklies show a Cat 4 hitting wherever your boat goes

Lol. If it was still 2013, I wouldn't be surprised!

Thankfully, it isn't.

Although something strange occurring isn't out of the realm of possibilities since 1/3 of dad's ashes are going for a swim off of San Juan.

Lol. If it was still 2013, I wouldn't be surprised!

Thankfully, it isn't.

Although something strange occurring isn't out of the realm of possibilities since 1/3 of dad's ashes are going for a swim off of San Juan.

Bring a wetsuit. The PV is forecast to make a few passes over Tortola. Water temps will be in the mid 50's. 

Bring a wetsuit. The PV is forecast to make a few passes over Tortola. Water temps will be in the mid 50's.

Well that's one way to avoid skin cancer, denge fever and jellyfish stings! Thanks!

Yeah, that's the best retort I could come up with. My funny bone is seriously out of shape. ;-)

I probably shouldn't even mention it, but I find the talk of any potential that isn't within our forum a little annoying.  Our winters are diverse enough within our own forum.  I don't think hearing about west of Philly by a couple of counties would do any of us any good.  Then again, maybe having someone to pile on this winter might keep our own in-house battles to a minimum.

I probably shouldn't even mention it, but I find the talk of any potential that isn't within our forum a little annoying. Our winters are diverse enough within our own forum. I don't think hearing about west of Philly by a couple of counties would do any of us any good. Then again, maybe having someone to pile on this winter might keep our own in-house battles to a minimum.

The new sub subforum lines will be drawn with the first dc fail and nw jackpot.

Omg, one of the best inventions ever - got one last year, never going back.

I agree.  I just bought one at the end of September.  I had used a heated blanket for many years prior and just thought I would give  it a try.  It is very comfortable and steady warmth and I like not having to wrestle with the heavy blanket on top of me.  So far quite impressed and satisfied with it.

I agree.  I just bought one at the end of September.  I had used a heated blanket for many years prior and just thought I would give  it a try.  It is very comfortable and steady warmth and I like not having to wrestle with the heavy blanket on top of me.  So far quite impressed and satisfied with it.

It blows heated blankets out of the water. I like how you can keep it very low/subtle if desired. Pre-warmed bed totally awesome in winter.

The new sub subforum lines will be drawn with the first dc fail and nw jackpot.

Have you seen this already? The real fun is when the forum starts splitting like it's 1860. MG jackpot, southern PA folks feeling left out, lone posters for RIC.

I might have been too vague with my original post.  No, I haven't seen anything this year within our own forum, but it's bound to happen.  All anyone has to do is look at the lwx average snowfall map to understand how some will get screwed while 20 miles away gets hammered.  But I was speaking specifically of the few comments in the Nov Med/Long Range Disco thread by TeleConnectSnow.  For whatever reason, a couple of his posts annoyed me.

Tony Pann @TonyPannWBAL 2m2 minutes ago

My crystal ball says there will be 2 or 3 chances for an accumulating snow for the Baltimore Metro between the 14th and 21st of this month.

I wonder if his crystal ball is spelled G-F-S. 

I don't know why he would say accumulating snow. Maybe 2-3 chances for snow showers. Perhaps the stars align for the 14-15th and we get 1-2".

I'm more optimistic then most here about this winter. I definitely don't see any red flags that it's going to be a total bust. Makes it feel a lot longer when the threats start this early. I have just been lurking, not had much time. I just moved back to Manchester md with my wife and our first child was born oct 30. Little Steve and Lisa are doing good but I've been busy to say the least. We are excited for babies first snow.

I'm more optimistic then most here about this winter. I definitely don't see any red flags that it's going to be a total bust. Makes it feel a lot longer when the threats start this early. I have just been lurking, not had much time. I just moved back to Manchester md with my wife and our first child was born oct 30. Little Steve and Lisa are doing good but I've been busy to say the least. We are excited for babies first snow.

My kid loves all the snow last year, of course she was a it older than yours. Congrats and welcome back to md

Archived