• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
November 2014 Banter

Kay

I just got back from walking up to the local liquor store to buy a chance at retirement, and I have to say that it is magnificent outside.  I also picked a six pack of Lucky You IPA (why not?) and drank one on the walk back.  Good stuff.  It feels and even sounds like late summer out there tonight.

Growing season over?  Tell that to my tomatoes and peppers.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just got back from walking up to the local liquor store to buy a chance at retirement, and I have to say that it is magnificent outside.  I also picked a six pack of Lucky You IPA (why not?) and drank one on the walk back.  Good stuff.  It feels and even sounds like late summer out there tonight.

Growing season over?  Tell that to my tomatoes and peppers.

My tomatoes got zapped by the frost we had all those weeks ago.  Anything left on the vine eventually turned brown.  Peppers were a different story, though.  Even though I harvested all my jalapenos and anaheims about a week ago, I left my three habanero plants out there to see what would happen to the 2-3 dozen green peppers still on the plant.  Damn things are still going strong.

Sorry if this is a dumb question but will they run in parallel indefinitely or does the upgrade fully replace at some point?

I'm sure dtk could answer this precisely.  I'm pretty sure the 13km GFS will fully replace the current GFS at some point, but I don't know when.  

How many here will stay up tonight for the next run? if it were winter, I bet a few.

I think I'm done with relentlessly tracking threats on ops beyond 5-6 days. I've been looking at ensembles almost exclusively for d5-6+ since the spring. While I always thought they were useful, I now realize that they are the only thing to use at that lead. 0z euro ensembles are way too late for me.

If the pattern is super ripe like something in 09-10 or 02-03 then all bets are off...lol

I think I'm done with relentlessly tracking threats on ops beyond 5-6 days. I've been looking at ensembles almost exclusively for d5-6+ since the spring. While I always thought they were useful, I now realize that they are the only thing to use at that lead. 0z euro ensembles are way too late for me.

If the pattern is super ripe like something in 09-10 or 02-03 then all bets are off...lol

The upcoming pattern isn't as good as 09-10 when it just SCREAMED KU, but it looks about as good (in terms of placement of features) as about anything we had last year.  Too bad it's mid-November.  But I think we'll get our chances this winter. 

The upcoming pattern isn't as good as 09-10 when it just SCREAMED KU, but it looks about as good (in terms of placement of features) as about anything we had last year. Too bad it's mid-November. But I think we'll get our chances this winter.

no doubt about that. I was referring to relentlessly tracking d7+ during DJF. No way I'm losing sleep during Nov unless it's staring us in the face with unanimous support. The only thing keeping me up late this month is the NFL and Wizards west coast games. Even then, 0z euro op is a stretch.

If not a single flake falls from the sky in my yard in Nov, I will be absolutely blown away by my complete and total lack of surprise.

At least in the next averaging period DC will go back to 0 in Nov. #RememberThatHistoricStormOnce

Archived