• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    EWR757
    Newest Member
    EWR757
November 2014 Banter

Kay

I'm more optimistic then most here about this winter. I definitely don't see any red flags that it's going to be a total bust. Makes it feel a lot longer when the threats start this early. I have just been lurking, not had much time. I just moved back to Manchester md with my wife and our first child was born oct 30. Little Steve and Lisa are doing good but I've been busy to say the least. We are excited for babies first snow.

Everyone here is optimistic about this winter. There are very few calling for normal snow or below normal snow. I suspect the CWG forecast will deflate some balloons, though.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm more optimistic then most here about this winter. I definitely don't see any red flags that it's going to be a total bust. Makes it feel a lot longer when the threats start this early. I have just been lurking, not had much time. I just moved back to Manchester md with my wife and our first child was born oct 30. Little Steve and Lisa are doing good but I've been busy to say the least. We are excited for babies first snow.

Welcome back!

Everyone here is optimistic about this winter. There are very few calling for normal snow or below normal snow. I suspect the CWG forecast will deflate some balloons, though.

I doubt Matt's going to go JB on us, but I think he's been pretty clear that he doesn't see this as a warm/snowless winter.  If I were to "forecast his forecast", I bet he's going to go something like 0 - -2 on the winter temps and 10-15" or 12-18" for DCA. 

Welcome back!

I doubt Matt's going to go JB on us, but I think he's been pretty clear that he doesn't see this as a warm/snowless winter.  If I were to "forecast his forecast", I bet he's going to go something like 0 - -2 on the winter temps and 10-15" or 12-18" for DCA. 

Which is reasonable for DCA....especially 12-18, but I imagine most around here would be disappointed if that's what DC ended up with. It's been over 25 years since DCA surpassed climo in consecutive seasons. That's based on the 15.4 climo from 1981-2010. It's time to do it again. 

I suspect that if DCA does fall in the 12-18 range, MBY would be in a 18-25 range. Folks on your side of 95 more in line with 25-35 and areas well N/W up in Manchester/Hereford/etc 35-50. I would hope that would make all us happy. 

Congrats and welcome back as well. If we get half the amount of snow as last year it will be a very solid year.

Welcome back. Wonderful news on your little one!

It would be pretty funny if this November pattern got everyone all excited, but the SAI/SCE stuff and a SSW led to a super -AO that squashed everything to give the mid-south a historic winter. A 2009-2010 without the moderate-strong Nino to compensate for the -AO.

Cold and dry.

Ahhh yes. So nice to be back on board. Winter shaping up to be interesting. Cold/dry? Hush, so early in the season!

Anyone else get frustrated when you spend 4 hours doing leaves and then 15 min later it looks like you did nothing? Stupid wind

I can't decide if I hate a swirling wind or wind that blows in the opposite direction that I'm blowing my leaves more.

Anyone else get frustrated when you spend 4 hours doing leaves and then 15 min later it looks like you did nothing? Stupid wind

Not as bad as last year when the landscaping crew in my.neighborhood blew the leaves into the woods before clearing the leaves from the gutters. I just stood there and laughed at the stupidity. And no, they didn't clear the ground a second time.

Congrats! And welcome back to the area.

Welcome back to MD and congratulations on entering the world of fatherhood. Looking forward to the psuhoffman storm 2014-15 style!

MDstorm

Archived