e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
November 2014 Banter

Kay

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

People digging in their yard in Chesapeake Beach, MD found an extremely rare fossilized skeleton of a 15-million-year-old shark, the first of its kind ever found:

http://www.calvertmarinemuseum.com/CivicAlerts.aspx?AID=33

That is super cool. I take my son to flag ponds/Calvert cliffs twice a year to find sharks teeth. We have at least 30-40 and some nice ones. One big mako tooth is beautiful. My boy is dying for a megalodon tooth. We get totally lost in time and dig/sift for hours. It's fantastic parent/kid time with beautiful scenery.

That is super cool. I take my son to flag ponds/Calvert cliffs twice a year to find sharks teeth. We have at least 30-40 and some nice ones. One big mako tooth is beautiful. My boy is dying for a megalodon tooth. We get totally lost in time and dig/sift for hours. It's fantastic parent/kid time with beautiful scenery.

can you make me a necklace?

Flag Ponds is really nice. I shouldn't be saying this though because I don't want to draw more people to it. We were actually unable to get in one weekend this summer as it was full. They badly need to increase parking space now. I haven't found any sharks teeth there though. It would be nice to find one in my backyard but all I find are blocks of concrete the builder just plowed over lol.

Also, I'm switching camps- I'm rooting for a blowtorch this winter (for multiple reasons).

Wearing shorts leading up to and on tday is always a sign that it's over before it starts. At least dc should get below freezing before the grass starts growing again shortly.

agree.  I need to remind myself that we could go another 6-8 weeks before we even get any accumulating snow...and even that is not always going to happen.  hate warm thanksgiving day...ruins the holiday

And here I thought 12 days before Christmas was kinda sucky.

MG- She's already in the club. You don't remember signing the waiver?

Oooh!! I just realized, I'm finally in order!

12/13/14. Woohoo!

My daughters birthday is 12/13. This year she is turning 11 on the 12th month, 13th day in the year 2014. She thinks that is pretty cool.

Archived