Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
November 2014 Banter

Kay

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That could be a good question...how many potential inches of snow accumulation does it take to make you stay up for the Euro/stay up staring out the window?

Models don't make it snow so I only stay up when it is falling.  Wx gonna do wut it gonna do no matter how many model runs I look at.

I don't stay up for it often.. even though it comes out at 1 you're talking being up till 2 unless it's a next day threat. 

I'd say it needs to at least be 3-6" minimum.. maybe 2" in 2012-13. 

Through 120hrs or so the 13km gfs and euro have been very similar more often than not. IMO the new gfs will be a solid improvement for the typical op useful range (4-5 days). 

everyone is gonna abandon the old GFS and embrace the new hotness GFS.  #neverforgetSEbias

You say that...but if we get a pretty setup that's good for 2-4 idk.

Besides, who says we won't have to nickel and dime our way to 40 :P

I spent all spring/summer/fall using ensembles instead of ops for d5-6+. It only took me my entire weenie career to figure out that op runs in the long range do noting more than cloud thoughts and screw up expectations. Staying up past 1am to watch a solution that is very unlikely to verify verbatim may very well be a thing of the past for me. 

A good miller A threat will probably suck me in though...

Archived