• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
November 2014 Banter

Kay

Just saw this is the NE forum, funny stuff. I believe Bob Chill has declared he's a #7... 

The Definitive Guide to Snow Removal Personality Types

http://www.boston.com/news/weather/2014/11/13/the-snow-removal-personality-types/sqbJwst3Cj3c07EJ0xmyFK/story.html?p1=well_Snow!_subheadline_hp

Yep, I have 4 kids and it's no hotel here. They b shuvlin

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just saw this is the NE forum, funny stuff. I believe Bob Chill has declared he's a #7... 

http://www.boston.com/news/weather/2014/11/13/the-snow-removal-personality-types/sqbJwst3Cj3c07EJ0xmyFK/story.html?p1=well_Snow!_subheadline_hp

#12, but I'd rather not remove snow because I like when it's all nice and even on the sidewalk/driveway/deck.

I am an unusual combo of 2, 6, and 8.  It depends on how tired I am.  I am only a 2 on a portion of the total real estate to be shoveled i.e.. the front walk and adjacent driveway (but not the whole length of the driveway.)  If I am feeling OK and not tired No. 6 fits as good as anything.  I do have a blower but only use it on the biggest of storms i.e.. > 12 inches.

I am a #2 insofar as I make sure throughout the storm that it's possible to open a door.

Also, just remembered I've discovered a #11- The Snow Angel in my hood! I saw this guy plowing the street and clearing another neighbor's drive a few times last winter. Turns out all of this was gratis. I met him recently and he was almost apologetic that he didn't clear my driveway. He didn't want to presume. Lol...it's all yours, buddy!

First fire in the woodstove today. The furnace has ran at night for past couple weeks when the house dropped below 68.

I've been burning mine on and off since late October. Last night was the first night I burned oak. I usually burn my junkie softer woods during fall. I've got some nice red oak burning now. It's got a nice 2 year season on it.

I've been burning mine on and off since late October. Last night was the first night I burned oak. I usually burn my junkie softer woods during fall. I've got some nice red oak burning now. It's got a nice 2 year season on it.

I was gonna try to make it to Thanksgiving before firing the stove up, couldn't stand listening to the furnace coming on and off through the day...hahaha! Once started I like to keep it going. Guess if we have 'Tourchgiving' I'll have to let it go out. I burn mostly oak (white and red) locust and some maple. Have 3.5 acres so I have enough that die/fall, etc that I haven't had to buy but one load of wood since building house here in 97.

I was gonna try to make it to Thanksgiving before firing the stove up, couldn't stand listening to the furnace coming on and off through the day...hahaha! Once started I like to keep it going. Guess if we have 'Tourchgiving' I'll have to let it go out. I burn mostly oak (white and red) locust and some maple. Have 3.5 acres so I have enough that die/fall, etc that I haven't had to buy but one load of wood since building house here in 97.

I'm the same way. Once the cold sets in, my stove stays on 24/7. I heat my house mostly with wood. I really like that steady dry heat.

I am #12. Legend has it the shovel I had to retire in 2011 goes back to the winter of 1996. Ah my old trusty blue must have logged over a millions scoops. Steel handle with a back saving angle and aluminum end scooper. A better shovel there has never been made. Over the years some rivets gave way and were replaced with and odd assortment of bolts and nuts. In the end it more looked like an ancient relic from Siberia.

Wife and daughter are enjoying time with the in-laws in South Carolina, so I'm brewing a chocolate oatmeal stout today (right now, in fact). Basically a grown man's chemistry experiment that gives you beer after a month or two. So awesome.

I'm also going to make a few pints of cranberry sauce for Thanksgiving before going out to pick up leaves. Then I'll drink beer.

Archived