amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
November 2014 Banter

Kay

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In the fall of 2009, cedar waxwings picked my holly tree clean over two days.

In 2010, robins ate their fill over the course of 10 days or so.

In 2011 and 2012, nothing bothered to feed on the holly.

This year, nothing.

Bad omen...

I don't recall if the robins ever came around last fall, but they've certainly decided to have at it this year.  The holly berries turned red pretty late, and the robins are taking full advantage now.  They've been gorging on the hollies in my front and back yards - and flying into the kitchen picture window - for the past week or two.  I think this means it's going to be a cold winter, but I'm not positive.  Small sample size.

I haven't seen a wooly worm, though.  :(

I don't recall if the robins ever came around last fall, but they've certainly decided to have at it this year.  The holly berries turned red pretty late, and the robins are taking full advantage now.  They've been gorging on the hollies in my front and back yards - and flying into the kitchen picture window - for the past week or two.  I think this means it's going to be a cold winter, but I'm not positive.  Small sample size.

I haven't seen a wooly worm, though:(

They went to the Cayman Islands for the winter.

I don't recall if the robins ever came around last fall, but they've certainly decided to have at it this year. The holly berries turned red pretty late, and the robins are taking full advantage now. They've been gorging on the hollies in my front and back yards - and flying into the kitchen picture window - for the past week or two. I think this means it's going to be a cold winter, but I'm not positive. Small sample size.

I haven't seen a wooly worm, though. :(

All of my squirrels are gone. The acorns were so huge they all got fat and died of heart attacks or were too slow to get out of the way of cars or they fell out of the trees because the limbs broke....twigs everywhere!!!

Shame the ensembles are calling for a warm winter

Senseless squirrel deaths :(

All of my squirrels are gone. The acorns were so huge they all got fat and died of heart attacks or were too slow to get out of the way of cars or they fell out of the trees because the limbs broke....twigs everywhere!!!

Shame the ensembles are calling for a warm winter

I wish the squirrels around here would die in a similarly horrific fashion.

Winter cancel.

I thing large vessel has a man crush on 10 men

I have to say I've gotten a kick out of the cross thread trolling lol. Who is our best troll in this forum?

What am I missing?  I don't see any trolling except for Chief Brody causing a few chuckles.  I need to know!!

Edit: Nevermind.  I've picked up on Bob's cryptic speak. :poster_oops:

What am I missing?  I don't see any trolling except for Chief Brody causing a few chuckles.  I need to know!!

Edit: Nevermind.  I've picked up on Bob's cryptic speak. :poster_oops:

I like how we can make fun of each other and most of us don't get our feelings hurt. If we didn't poke fun I think it would be pretty boring...unless it snows but we all know the ensembles say it won't

Caught back up on the LE snow thread in the upstate NY forum. Yoinks to some of those pics.

Folks whose cars and houses look like marshmallows from outer space and a couple more feet coming still wondering matter-of-factly if they'll need to get to work today/tomorrow. I know they have serious snow removal resources up there and people are tough but sheesh. 

Folks whose cars and houses look like marshmallows from outer space and a couple more feet coming still wondering matter-of-factly if they'll need to get to work today/tomorrow. I know they have serious snow removal resources up there and people are tough but sheesh. 

No doubt. I read and thought, yaknow, maybe go ahead and sit this one out, champ. Probably don't need to risk your life to get in to work. Surely the boss will understand.

There are jobs in the hinterlands of New York?

Larry Cosgrove just followed me on Twitter.  Although he seems to follow most people who follow him, so maybe that's less impressive.

In other news, I went to Uno's for dinner and ate the bread casserole dish they specialize in and claim to call "pizza".  Chicago bread casserole is to pizza what this guy is to an airplane. 

bungled-personal-flight-attempt-1.jpg

Larry Cosgrove just followed me on Twitter. Although he seems to follow most people who follow him, so maybe that's less impressive.

In other news, I went to Uno's for dinner and ate the bread casserole dish they specialize in and claim to call "pizza". Chicago bread casserole is to pizza what this guy is to an airplane.

bungled-personal-flight-attempt-1.jpg

LOL. My parents lived in Chicago for a while and they raved about the pizza. When I finally had some I didn't get the infatuation. It was fine, but I'll take a traditional slice any day.

I was drifting away and starting to pull for a torch, until I came across some pics from a mauler I experienced a few years ago.

I need this in my life again, bad. If I get one up in the boondocks while DC torches I'll never even consider moving closer to the District again.

Glad to have you back in the snow camp. Were you the one who lived in CT during Nemo?

I guess I should do a final leaf raking before we get Euroburied with snow/rain or as I call it, snain

Finished up yesterday. My leaf pile is the size of a vw bug and my yard is perfectly cut so the grass won't show with a 2" snowfall. That won't matter next week. A foot covers even the biggest slacker's yards

Archived