joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
November 2014 Banter

Kay

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I miss having a 384hr GFS bomb to track everyday. It's literally been over a week since GFS has given us a modest snow in the LR. So you can say it has gotten better since the winter of 2007-2008, also that winter just about every I-95 Blizzard it had at 120+ hours NEVER verified. I remember it had the big Ohio Valley Blizzard in March as Heavy Snow a couple runs in the Medium Range, and it had a storm around March 20th or so coming up 95 as close as 3-4 days out, but that didn't happen. I miss the old Goofus. I remember everyone in the AccuWx forums complaining that winter.

Roughing the punter on an attempted block punt up 25 is up there with one of the dumbest football plays I've ever seen. Why even try for it? That was a rough loss.

You're right it was a stupid play. They just needed to set up the punt return and put the ball back in the hand of the offense which at that point Rutger's could not stop. The offensive play calling on in the fourth quarter was also some of the worst you could ever see. The difference between 7-5 and 8-4 obviously is only one win more but it's worlds apart on impact it has on the program not to mention how much better it sounds and looks.

You're right it was a stupid play. They just needed to set up the punt return and put the ball back in the hand of the offense which at that point Rutger's could not stop. The offensive play calling on in the fourth quarter was also some of the worst you could ever see. The difference between 7-5 and 8-4 obviously is only one win more but it's worlds apart on impact it has on the program not to mention how much better it sounds and looks.

Agree with everything you stated. This program is doing well in regards to lack of high level recruits and still winning, but if they could've dropped the hammer on Rutgers, that would've looked really good. It really is a shame.

it was unacceptable.  they finished with a winning record, but got blown out by the elite teams.  edsall needs to step things up a notch if he wants to achieve the success that the fridge had.

I'm not particularly a big fan of the guy. The program has made some improvements since his first two years but I don't think it's enough. Maybe if the terps stayed in the acc it would be good enough but not in the big 10. The thing that says it all about the guy is his record against top 25 teams which is an unbelievable 1-25. That doesn't even seem possible.

Happy Thanksgiving, fellow lunatics!

And now we enter the caloric intake phase...

Ha! I started that last Sunday cruising out of FLL! H2O cursed me. Atlantic was rockin so hard we had to bypass our San Juan port call. 4 days at sea doing nothing but eating, drinking, tanning and....

I'm not particularly a big fan of the guy. The program has made some improvements since his first two years but I don't think it's enough. Maybe if the terps stayed in the acc it would be good enough but not in the big 10. The thing that says it all about the guy is his record against top 25 teams which is an unbelievable 1-25. That doesn't even seem possible.

yea i'm not a huge of him either.  the vibe isn't the same as when the fridge was here.  basically neither edsall or turgeon have filled the shoes of fridge/gary.

I searched on Google and came across this: http://hurricane.ncdc.noaa.gov/pls/plhas/has.dsselect

It has a button to "order" the data (back to 1991), so not sure if it's free or not. Hope it helps you out.

thanks, that could work.  i was mainly looking for radar loops like from that iowa state site for storms like the superstorm and other events.  

Archived