Dump Trump
    Newest Member
    Dump Trump
November 2014 Banter

Kay

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As we slowly put our lives back together in the aftermath of this devastating storm, let us pay tribute to those who struggled on the front lines with courage and tenacity: 

WinterWxLuvr, who, risking skepticism and hatred, posted his ruler anyway...Nrn. MD hill dwellers, who took the unspeakable damage wrought on them by nature remarkably in stride....trixie, WVclimo, and others whose serene obs in the midst of the crisis made survival seem so deceptively easy....jonjon of course, who never stops fighting!

God bless you, and God bless the Mid-Atlantic!

As we slowly put our lives back together in the aftermath of this devastating storm, let us pay tribute to those who struggled on the front lines with courage and tenacity:

WinterWxLuvr, who, risking skepticism and hatred, posted his ruler anyway...Nrn. MD hill dwellers, who took the unspeakable damage wrought on them by nature remarkably in stride....trixie, WVclimo, and others whose serene obs in the midst of the crisis made survival seem so deceptively easy....jonjon of course, who never stops fighting!

God bless you, and God bless the Mid-Atlantic!

Haha, one of the funniest posts ever. As you can see in the photo below, I was ready for any skeptics...lol2cf5857d4140c0149077c45aa314d61b.jpg

Just messing with ya. I have to say, I'm kind of glad I missed the storm. Watching this thing unfold from afar was kind of eye opening.

We are all such sick people...captivated by the white stuff.

I'd have been a little bitter if I had been at home for this. As it was, I could watch with relative disinterest, other than to take a chance to troll a little. But if it had a been a smoke job, I'd have been pissed!

Just messing with ya. I have to say, I'm kind of glad I missed the storm. Watching this thing unfold from afar was kind of eye opening.

We are all such sick people...captivated by the white stuff.

I don't know if I'm just getting old or what, but I'm really glad I didn't get what I was close to getting. There are places not 20 air miles from me that got 12-18" at the same elevation or lower. That's just too much work.

I think that our region- both the NWS and TV mets and CWG- did really well with being conservative for this storm inside the beltways. All the other downtown areas (downtown Philly, downtown NYC, downtown Boston) got placed under WWA's that did not come close to verifying. (Boston's is still up, but the wording has been changing over the course of the day to now forecasting possibly up to 1" of snow with a touch of ice.... and the impact portion is more concerned about black ice than anything else.)

I checked multiple times leading up to the storm, and all of those cities were facing similar temperature red flags in the modeling as DC, and maybe in the past for those cities, dynamics tended to overcome the temp issues. I guess forecasters here have just had more practice learning from advisories/warnings issued followed by 'no-show' accumulations in the lower elevations in the past few seasons.  

I don't know if I'm just getting old or what, but I'm really glad I didn't get what I was close to getting. There are places not 20 air miles from me that got 12-18" at the same elevation or lower. That's just too much work.

The snow on pavement would have been gone in less than a day or two, so there's no real work to be had.

Nothing beats old school newspaper. When delivery stops at my house I'll have to break out the old atari 2600 ....colecovision...and call up my dungeons and dragons buddies...ha..ha

I am old school, if they ever stop the newspaper i will be pissed. I read 4 per day and i hate reading them online.

Archived