Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
November 2014 Banter

Kay

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't really get how people can put 100% faith in a forecast of 2 or 3 degrees 24 hours in advance of a storm.

Well, if you hedge warm in the 95 corridor during marginal events you will be right 19 out of 20 times. Yea, we all hope for the rare bust too warm thing but it's not like this is a series premier. It's more like Gilligan's Island.

Turned out HH not so bad this week after all...

Honestly, I can never really complain about it. It can be miserable at times in the depth of summer since there's no letup from the heat and humidity (and the bugs are horrendous), but in general it's bliss. Fishing is usually great, and there's plentynof beer around. :lol:

I did miss that 6" of cold powder in late January last year while I was down here - that was a pretty bitter pill. Luckily we pretty much made up for it in the late season.

This is year 3 of those automated snow map products from LWX, Mt. Holly etc. Have people on this board not yet realized that those are computer generated and of little to no utility?

I think they've made some good improvements in recent years and are making efforts to make them more understandable to the public. I disagree about them having no utility, since they pretty much match what LWX is officially forecasting. Also ers-wxman mentioned they include more data now than they did before.

I think they've made some good improvements in recent years and are making efforts to make them more understandable to the public. I disagree about them having no utility, since they pretty much match what LWX is officially forecasting. Also ers-wxman mentioned they include more data now than they did before.

Mt. Holly and LWX don't match at all. Mt. Holly has me at 2-4", when LWX has less than 1".

This is year 3 of those automated snow map products from LWX, Mt. Holly etc. Have people on this board not yet realized that those are computer generated and of little to no utility?

Pretty sure the expected maps aren't automated but are based off gridded forecasts. The percentile ones are probably more automated. 

Archived