joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
November 2014 Banter

Kay

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Question for mapgirl or someone else who knows: is Parkton on Parr's ridge? I've heard that said here, I think, but it looks like it's on its own ridge, which stretches into NW Harford Co. Bit of distance from there to what I thought of as Parr's, with Hampstead or Prettyboy roughly in between. Or is all of this terrain just grouped under "Parr's"? Was wondering if the easterly ridge had its own local name.

Question for mapgirl or someone else who knows: is Parkton on Parr's ridge? I've heard that said here, I think, but it looks like it's on its own ridge, which stretches into NW Harford Co. Bit of distance from there to what I thought of as Parr's, with Hampstead or Prettyboy roughly in between. Or is all of this terrain just grouped under "Parr's"? Was wondering if the easterly ridge had its own local name.

Parkton would not be considered part of Parr's Ridge. Parkton sits clearly just east southeast of the ridge. Elevation is generally greater than 800 ft. for Parr's Ridge location. Parkton is not quit as elevated.

That area you mentioned in NW Harford County has some really good elevation. Some spots get near 1000 ft. but I don't know if there is a specific name for that area. That area does very well in most marginal events.

Yes, and I will soon be rightfully separated from them in the new system! Talk about different worlds.

Yah Bob...I'm familiar with Parr's in Carroll Co...just was studying google terrain view to the east.

Archived