joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
September Discusssion--winter bound or bust

moneypitmike

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Best weekend of the year? Low 80's, full sun, low humidity, AND fall foliage!

Yeah, it really was.  The peak foliage coinciding with that amazing weather for outdoor activities....just wow.  The tourist towns hit it out of the park this weekend...cash registers from the Berkshires to Maine were ringing, lol. 

Its really special when that type of stuff lines up, great foliage and even better weather.  The comments from folks on social media definitely made it seem like 99% of the folks thought this was the best out-doors weekend in a long time.  Anyone that went hiking, biking or just driving around today sounds like they got a natural high from the weather + foliage.

I know some on here don't want the heat this time of year, but upper 70s to low 80s with no humidity isn't bad...plus with the foliage, it still looks like deep deep fall.  You know the end of the warm season is coming with the leaves like that, so you can put up with a couple warm days. 

Yeah totally. Novie has short days, lame storms, and not a lot of excitement. March is definitely the better storm month... And even when it's s MORCH you can get a nice taste of early spring.

Oh god, I think I'm about to agree with Blizz. Of course not for any of the reasons he listed.

I just associate November with some classic bombs. That period from Halloween through Thanksgiving is prime for some massive storms. For those that don't appreciate weather outside their backyards I can see how that wouldn't matter much though.

Plus I don't mind a good driving rainstorm with the LLJ screaming through the tree tops. That's just something I always associated with fall.

Took a drive to Portland ME this weekend. Interesting to see the foliage on Rt 3 on the South Shore damn near looks peak.  No real color North of Boston, then you hit the color again in Maine.

Definitely has to do with the type of trees too. 

Noticed a similar situation this weekend.  Around the Merrimack Valley the color still has a ways to go.  Was driving through Wellesley and Weston and the foliage was really vibrant.  Was kind of counter-intuitive, but yeah, I would imagine the types of trees maybe had something to do with it.

Archived