joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
September Discusssion--winter bound or bust

moneypitmike

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Note there is a difference of mentioning it, vs believing it. There are signs of something perhaps hitting srn CT up to near you. Again, this will not be just a coastal deal IMO.

Models seem to like E CT for a bullseye. Seems like the best synoptic forcing is there anyway with the developing easterly LLJ and strengthening jet streak on the tropopause as the trough sharpens underneath us. 

Models seem to like E CT for a bullseye. Seems like the best synoptic forcing is there anyway with the developing easterly LLJ and strengthening jet streak on the tropopause as the trough sharpens underneath us. 

Look at the LLJ the NAM cranks at 925..lol. Might be a bit overdone, but it will be there in some shape or form. Along with the jetstreak, you got the other processes going with WAA and the mid level lows closing off nearby to the south.

Note there is a difference of mentioning it, vs believing it. There are signs of something perhaps hitting srn CT up to near you. Again, this will not be just a coastal deal IMO.

When you guys say Eastern CT..you mean basically Windham Cty and twds the IJD/Ginx area of Se CT? or are you including the river east?

When you guys say Eastern CT..you mean basically Windham Cty and twds the IJD/Ginx area of Se CT? or are you including the river east?

Well technically those models are hinting at eastern CT as a sweet spot among other areas, but I saw a few that targeted just south of you as well. My point is, there are things going on to make this a little more widespread and not just cstl sheet rain. These things are tricky so don't be mad if you miss by a few miles...but I think you'll get some water.

Well technically those models are hinting at eastern CT as a sweet spot among other areas, but I saw a few that targeted just south of you as well. My point is, there are things going on to make this a little more widespread and not just cstl sheet rain. These things are tricky so don't be mad if you miss by a few miles...but I think you'll get some water.

I just always wonder where folks mean when they say Eastern CT. To me I always consider anywhere east of the river to be Eastern CT

frim HVN up to HFD up to BDL. Just kind of how I always thought of it. Kind of the river valley area

I'm in a similar situation to you up here... VT isn't a wide state, but I'm pretty much smack in the middle of it.  Sometimes people refer to "eastern VT" as anything east of the Green Mtn Spine, but I think of eastern VT as more like the bordering counties with NH.

Personally, when they say eastern CT, I think of the eastern third of the state.  My mind likes to divide things into thirds for whatever reason.

Then what is central CT?

Ct at the top is 86.13 miles wide, dividing that by 3 yields 28.17 miles for each northern section. Tolland is 30.1 miles to the RI border so he is technically in the central CT zone as defined by strict mileage, if only divided by East and West then East Windsor would mark the delineation spot

Well 395 is far east..I don't consider this area to be ENE..but it's also not WNE..I guess it's kind of Central SNE. but more ENE centric with regards to wx

Yeah I think of you like South-Central New England...or Central SNE like you said.  If you go north of you, you are like between ORH and the River in Mass, like smack dab in the middle.  Not WNE or ENE.  Though you could make a case for probably either in a larger sense if we are only diving geography in half.

I'd say, just consider yourself central CT or eastern CT...and you can feel it out to what folks are thinking.  You can get an idea of what they are talking about based on the models and if you are included in that.

Archived