• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
September Discusssion--winter bound or bust

moneypitmike

Meh ... this year's had a surplus of days very similar.  They're called top 10 days in the present vernacular; we just happen to have a ginormous positive anomaly this particular year.  

Maybe in some weird sense that will mean we're "due" so to speak?  Like ...suppose we are up to 40 days ... a surplus of 30 days qualitatively that could fall into the top 10 caliber of undercarriage licking, such that today certainly can.   We are thus owed 30 days this winter that common consensus would deem as holier than hell horrific...   Muah hahahahha... 

No tension my way; just a morning of irony.  I friend of mine's marriage is in trouble.  They're separating and I'm about to embark upon a journey to their home, where/when she will have taken the kids to a friends while I and another friend, assist in extricating him and his belonging from what will soon to be "their" former 'stead.  

I've known them the entire time they were married, before, through, the advent of their kids, and now this... Over which time, I have been single and looking at their life with the impression of a charmed existence.  In fact, I have several spheres of friends, all of whom are married and in that 2.4 kids thing... Those dads, they all covet my life because I am not fettered by a wife -- that's how they see it.  I, on the other hand, am oft late with bills, and other general life agenda, purely because they do not understand the asset of a life partner that nags them into a responsible life style.  

I want to find a nice gal; I always have.  But knowing that and seeing their marriage now go through a ten-year life cycle ending in futility is just strange.   Hmmm.  

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like the storms you need to hang from the outside. That's a good chore.

Closest I get to that is hanging up the barn doors. I prefer the look with that one--probably because its winteresque.

75.3/64

Agree for someone like yourself 20-25 years younger than me....lol.

The big thing that happens is your balance becomes. More compromised even when strength holds.

Agree for someone like yourself 20-25 years younger than me....lol.

The big thing that happens is your balance becomes. More compromised even when strength holds.

I'm not doing any of that at this point in life.  We replaced with new Anderson's.  Now we can actually open and close the windows.  When we had moved in here (during a great severe season), we'd have to run and fight mightily to get them closed when the rains would start, just to fight them again as we tried to open them after the rain would stop.

Summery out there.

77.9/65

Drive by a pond/lake type thing in easton almost daily and it is incredibly low. Rocks that are barely visible usually in the middle are showing by probably 5-6 feet right now. People fishing are actually walking out to parts that are usually underwater and fishing.

Have you driven by the Nipp on 104 in Bridgewater? Never seen it so low...rocks sticking up everywhere in the middle of the lake, boats sitting on dry ground that are usually anchored 40-50 feet from shore. Pretty serious. Looks like a little wet weather this week though, at least to beat down the dust

Have you driven by the Nipp on 104 in Bridgewater? Never seen it so low...rocks sticking up everywhere in the middle of the lake, boats sitting on dry ground that are usually anchored 40-50 feet from shore. Pretty serious. Looks like a little wet weather this week though, at least to beat down the dust

I actually drive that way to school sometimes. That is also incredibly low. Rocks showing that you wouldn't even know existed.

Its getting pretty bad. Happening at the worst time of year to.

Willimantic River is very low,need rain.0928141141a.jpg0928141143.jpg

Nice shots, Steve.  Focused to boot.  :)

Hit 84F for about an hour this afternoon.  Downtown Greenfield read 86F on the bank.

75/68 now. 

Warm but what a fantastic weekend, bluebird.  

Wow--I'm surprised you got that warm in your hood.

75.2/62

From where? Buckets

lol, getting dry up here now too, although we had over 3" in September...1.72" of that fell in like 4 hours at the beginning of the month.

A little sunny dry weather isn't the worst thing this time of year, but for you guys that have been going on months of dry, it's certainly more needed.

Just need a wet and stormy pattern to develop, or at least some FROPAS with some moisture.

Archived