12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
August Discussion

TauntonBlizzard2013

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wish we could have had this pattern in Sept instead of flipping to hot. Honestly that is going to suck as fall comes on

As long as it doesn't cut into snow season, no harm no foul. September can be a really nice month if it's warm...the lowering daylight and longer nights still don't let the heat have the same bite as it could this time of year. It's still full-on baseball season in September...that's more of a summer month than May most years.

As long as it doesn't cut into snow season, no harm no foul. September can be a really nice month if it's warm...the lowering daylight and longer nights still don't let the heat have the same bite as it could this time of year. It's still full-on baseball season in September...that's more of a summer month than May most years.

September is my favorite beach month, just perfect.

I have a sick feeling those that have enjoyed the lack of heat this summer ae going to be complaining deep into autumn

Tim-Southee-roars-after-New-Zealand-pick

usT850MonInd6.gif

This appears to be off topic. This is the August thread.

Since you seem to need a few pointers, here's a short list of awesome things appropriate for discussion in the August thread:

• my birthday, coming up on August 24th... how will you celebrate?

Additionally, here's a short list of things that might still be awesome, but certainly aren't appropriate for discussion in the August thread:

• January

If you have any further questions, let's schedule a meeting with our HR representative to get everyone on the same page.

Who would be complaining about 60s and 70s into October?

The only complainers will be those that have this notion that deep deep winter starts in September, just like deep deep summer starts in April/May. 

I admit if we have yet to see even one shot of sub 0C H85 air by early November I might get antsy...like +10C 850s on Halloween.  But aside from that, days in the 70s aren't going to bother many in October.

Like I said, 5 days in Oct. '07. That's not "most of the month" by any definition. We get several mornings in the 20s in April, so is it OK for me to claim that most of the month was in the 20s because we had several sub-30 mornings scattered between mornings of 30s and 40s throughout a transition month? It's one thing to be ignorant of the facts or to be too lazy to do a minute of research to educate oneself, but to continue down the twisting semantic path rather than admit the error diminishes the scientific value of these discussion threads in my opinion - summer or not. Meteorology is still a science, so if one is going to throw out numbers, they should be prepared to defend their assertions.

Not sure where the above was aimed, so I dug into some BDL numbers.  For the period 1981-2010, there have been 33 days at 80 or above, in 13 different years.  Four other years in that period topped out at 79.  Top years were 1990 and 2007 with 5 each, and 10 of the 13 had 2 or more.  Of the 33 days, only 2 occurred after the 15th, one each in 1984 and 2007.  This last makes 1963 even more anomalous, as 5 of that year's 8 happened after the 15th.  (That year it also reached 91 on 10/7 for BDL's only 90+ reading in October.)

BTV on-board for a brochure weekend:

------------------

Friday night through Saturday night just just fantastic with the aforementioned high pressure building right over the northeast. Wind will generally be light...dewpoints will be in the 50s and highs will be in the middle 70s to low 80s. Some late night and early morning fog is likely in the climatology favored valleys...but outside of that you can't ask for better weekend weather.

Archived